refresh bug for deleted waypoints

When adding new waypoints or changing existing waypoints, the app keeps showing the old ones untill refresh. So far nothing special.

Only, when deleting waypoints via the website, the refresh in the app will not work. When adding/changing waypoints, those will be updated upon refresh, but the deleted waypoints keep showing up in the app.

The only way to remove them (by the user of the app, not by me as cache owner) is to delete the app data trough the android menus. Only removing cached data will not even work...

I have reproduced the situation, but as a multi-cache owner I find this very unconvenient. I have serveral logs pointing out the inconsistency also. So it is confusing for the cacher.

I can confirm strange behaviour with the waypoint coordinates when changed.

I use the geocaching app and loaded a multi cache i own mid last year. In september I changed a waypoint slightly with approval of geocaching.com. The problem is that the waypoint is not updated in the waypoint list, old waypoint coordinate remains there.

This happens also with the app for apple devices because i was notified by a logger who did save the cache page in an earlier stage in its app.

My contact with the geocaching reviewer proved that when the cache is read first time that coordinates are latest updated one.

There must be a glitch in the app for as well iOS and Android.

Another issue with updating the webpage coordinate.

Eg when solving a puzzle cache you have nowadays the checker that automatically updates the web page coordinates. When next step the geocahing app is opened on android device the icon of cache is indicated on the correct location of new coordinates. However when you want to navigate to the new coordinate (cache location) then it navigates to the original coordinate. This is not correct.

3 hours ago, AadYvonne said:

I use the geocaching app and loaded a multi cache i own mid last year. In september I changed a waypoint slightly with approval of geocaching.com. The problem is that the waypoint is not updated in the waypoint list, old waypoint coordinate remains there.

3 hours ago, AadYvonne said:

Eg when solving a puzzle cache you have nowadays the checker that automatically updates the web page coordinates. When next step the geocahing app is opened on android device the icon of cache is indicated on the correct location of new coordinates. However when you want to navigate to the new coordinate (cache location) then it navigates to the original coordinate. This is not correct.

For both of these, have you tried refreshing the cache page on the app? It doesn't automatically update itself just because something was updated on the website, but if you refresh (on Android, at least, drag the page downward and it reloads), it should update - so, adding more recent logs, reflecting solved coordinates, adding additional waypoints.

(This would not explain why a waypoint added in October has not yet shown up on the app, necessarily, but if you just solved a puzzle and updated coordinates, that one at least should be fixed with a refresh.)

Edited by geoawareUSA9

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem with a multi cache of mine (GC9F528) where waypoints that are first updated and later even deleted, aren't updated in the android app. They are still shown as they initially were.

The waypoints are updated on the website accordingly and even loaded properly into c:geo app. This caused frustration with a geocacher trying to find the waypoints and the cache, but couldn't because the coördinates in the app were not updated.

I tried refreshing the listing in the android app multiple times, both after updating the coordinates and deleting the coordinates. Nothing changes.

Update: I deleted the initial waypoints and added new ones. The new ones are listed, but so are the old waypoints, meaning that the listing now shows the 4 initial waypoints and the 4 updated waypoints, making it more confusing.

Is there any way to fix this other than archiving the cache and resubmitting it?

Edited by HelixR
See update