Where's my keyboard?

I just updated my android phone to a Galaxy S21 and moved the Geocaching app over to it.  All seemed good until I tried to write a cache log.  There's no keyboard!  There's no indication that would suggest the keyboard could be retrieved from some storage location.  This is a major pain!  Beyond the fact that I cannot notify other caches when I have found and tried to log an FTF (without switching over to Chrome), I keep notes to myself for when I log my finds (or DNFs) later.  Where did my keyboard go?

• Surprised 1

I tried it just now with my Samsung Galaxy tablet. To pop up the keyboard, I must tap the gray text at the top of the text entry screen, such as the text "Write a note..." shown in gray for a Note log.  Otherwise, there's just a blank text entry page.  It's kind of weird.  Is that your issue?  It's been a while but I don't remember that happening on my Android phone (I've never had a Samsung smartphone).  I don't type in The App with my droid tablet, even with the keyboard case (which would be especially inconvenient due to screen orientation).  On my iPhone, the virtual keyboard pops up as I'd expect -- ready for typing a log.  I guess the hiding keyboard is a Samsung thing?  I didn't immediately find a keyboard setting for that.

Other possibilities:

If a physical keyboard is connected (by bluetooth or other connection), the virtual keyboard may not pop up.

Is the keyboard unavailable in any App?  Here's more info about fixing that:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209532/

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

On my Android the keyboard shows up after I click on the gray text as was stated in the above post. 

I tried it just now with my HTC U11 phone.  Same thing.  Call up the keyboard by tapping the gray text on the log screen.  Has it always been like that?  The keyboard comes into view immediately in The App on my iPhone 8. 

Not sure that's the OP's issue though.  The keyboard is hidden but at least for me it wasn't hard to find.

Edited by kunarion