Caching in the Sillycon Valley

Yunaderis

quote:
Originally posted by Yunaderis:

me and a few friends are hooked into this site....

we are looking into going on our first hunts and stashes soon...anyone else in the BAy area wanna tag along and show us the ropes?

there is no geo cachers in the Bay Area?

ok...i will start my own chapter then...hehehe

There are, I just didn't read the post first because I didn't realize that Sillycon Valley was supposed to be Silicon Valley. ;~) Although I don't live in the SF Bay Area, I do live over the hill from SV and wouldn't mind helping you guys get started if you wish. Send me an e-mail at random@agefive.com and we'll work out some details.

-IC

quote:
Originally posted by Yunaderis:

there is no geo cachers in the Bay Area?

ok...i will start my own chapter then...hehehe

Iron Chef

i'm going to be in santa clara in a week, probably going to be staying for 4 weeks and i'm planning on hitting several caches in the area while i'm there. i'd be all up for meeting up with anybody while i'm there, it's all good fun. =) in case we don't meet up though and you're up for a beautiful drive you should go watch the sun set from "firestone" up by stinson beach. the mount pompalais wilderness is sooooo beautiful.

Although I am from the Sillycon Valley, I appreciate the areas such as Marin or the East Bay for a lot of my hiking and geocaching.

The Valley is just so... urban. Although I'm fairly new to this sport, I'm already starting to tire of the urban caches in this direct vicinity. There are definitely a few diamonds in the rough out here... like nature reserves and wilderness areas. I'm ready for a good cache challenge (physically and mentally) here in the land of the geeks. icon_biggrin.gif

Although I am from the Sillycon Valley, I appreciate the areas such as Marin or the East Bay for a lot of my hiking and geocaching.

The Valley is just so... urban. Although I'm fairly new to this sport, I'm already starting to tire of the urban caches in this direct vicinity. There are definitely a few diamonds in the rough out here... like nature reserves and wilderness areas. I'm ready for a good cache challenge (physically and mentally) here in the land of the geeks. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by CourtneyP:

hey courtney

drop me a line next to you head out for a cache..i have never done it and am still debating what gps to go with....i would love to tag along and learn the ropes...

where in the north bay do you normally go caching?

I think placing the cache sounds super fun too

anthony

starbar11@yahoo.com

quote:

hey courtney

drop me a line next to you head out for a cache..i have never done it and am still debating what gps to go with....i would love to tag along and learn the ropes...

where in the north bay do you normally go caching?

I think placing the cache sounds super fun too

anthony

starbar11@yahoo.com

Hi ya'll I free every day and geocache every day. I wanna help and I have around 55 finds under my belt.

Team SuperGenius

Pepper

Also on the a GPS I don't know how much money you wanna spend but we have a Megellan Gold and it's nice and easy to use. We bought ours at Fry's in Fremont. Cheap! kinda.

Horizontals where it's at!

Well, heck, if Pepper has a Magellan Gold and I have a Garmin eTrex Summit, Anthony will be able to compare the two if we all go out caching together. icon_smile.gif I bought mine a few days ago at Fry's in Santa Clara. Not super cheap, but definitely competitive pricing.

I have not cached in Marin just yet, but I meant that I really like the hikes and vistas around. I used to live in Mill Valley.

I'm going to wait a bit before I consider placing a cache. Want to learn what it takes to make it great! icon_biggrin.gif

Well, heck, if Pepper has a Magellan Gold and I have a Garmin eTrex Summit, Anthony will be able to compare the two if we all go out caching together. icon_smile.gif I bought mine a few days ago at Fry's in Santa Clara. Not super cheap, but definitely competitive pricing.

I have not cached in Marin just yet, but I meant that I really like the hikes and vistas around. I used to live in Mill Valley.

I'm going to wait a bit before I consider placing a cache. Want to learn what it takes to make it great! icon_biggrin.gif

I also use the Magellan Meridian gold. Like it alot. I would like to hook up with some of you guys and find some caches. I live in the far south bay(Morgan Hill) and There are some great places to hike and hunt down in these parts.

If anyone is interested let me know

icon_smile.gif

I also use the Magellan Meridian gold. Like it alot. I would like to hook up with some of you guys and find some caches. I live in the far south bay(Morgan Hill) and There are some great places to hike and hunt down in these parts.

icon_smile.gif

quote:

cool

i was mainly looking at the Vista..i love that it has 24mb..but dont like the serial connection..ack thats slow....

i am free this weekend...

quote:

cool

i was mainly looking at the Vista..i love that it has 24mb..but dont like the serial connection..ack thats slow....

i am free this weekend...

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyb5:

icon_smile.gif

hey i am in morgan hill too...what a trip...there is so many great places to hike and cache..i am assuming...i havent done any caching yet...but there is uvas canyon state park...great place to hike and leave some caches.....

quote:

icon_smile.gif

hey i am in morgan hill too...what a trip...there is so many great places to hike and cache..i am assuming...i havent done any caching yet...but there is uvas canyon state park...great place to hike and leave some caches.....

icon_smile.gif

Thats way cool,,,I love uvas canyon park (Svedal as I have come to know it) I know there are 4 caches already there just havent gotten up there to find them, That would be a cool place to get together if you are interested

icon_smile.gif

Thats way cool,,,I love uvas canyon park (Svedal as I have come to know it) I know there are 4 caches already there just havent gotten up there to find them, That would be a cool place to get together if you are interested

quote:

icon_smile.gif

cool..maybe this saturday...a bunch of us can get together there...i dont have a gps yet...but i am willing to tag along for the hike and the learning experience

quote:

icon_smile.gif

cool..maybe this saturday...a bunch of us can get together there...i dont have a gps yet...but i am willing to tag along for the hike and the learning experience

quote:
Originally posted by Team Dralasites:

quote:
Originally

Sounds good. Or maybe we'll see you at the picnic gathering we're starting to organize for next weekend.

(Here's the http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000938983&m=5930986284 where we're collecting input for the picnic.)

If its in Berkeley area I probably wont make it but Redwood City area is better, the poll looks pretty even at the moment

quote:

If its in Berkeley area I probably wont make it but Redwood City area is better, the poll looks pretty even at the moment

Yeah, it looks like we're all spread out around the Bay. If Berkeley gets the most votes this time, maybe you can suggest somewhere closer to Morgan Hill for next time.