[bug] edit log when using old submit log thingy

terratin

When I post a new log using the old method, submit, see a spelling mistake and edit it from there then the form is empty. I onlyget my old log when I go to the cache page and edit the log from there. Actually, attempting to edit the log right after submitting it brings me to the 'post a new log' page.

image.thumb.png.d80d38e9b9a62406c9b11742c17231f0.png

Edited by terratin

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/363501-edit-after-logging-works-as-log/

Hi terratin, You're being forced to reload the log before editing.  This fixes an old bug where log type could be changed from that edit page -  log action had already taken  place, ie, archive change to disable, cache is archived; NA logged, changed to DNF, but the NA log is already forwarded to reviewer and owner, etc. 

Execution of the fix  less than elegant.  But it does fix that old issue. 

What should happen from that edit link is the  reloading of the log, on the edit page. What does happen is new log opens. 

1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/363501-edit-after-logging-works-as-log/

Hi terratin, You're being forced to reload the log before editing.  This fixes an old bug where log type could be changed from that edit page -  log action had already taken  place, ie, archive change to disable, cache is archived; NA logged, changed to DNF, but the NA log is already forwarded to reviewer and owner, etc. 

Execution of the fix  less than elegant.  But it does fix that old issue. 

What should happen from that edit link is the  reloading of the log, on the edit page. What does happen is new log opens. 

Ah, interesting! Makes sense how you explain it. I don't often use this log method. I mainly use it now as I only have 1mbps internet speed max and the old logging page just works much, much better with slow speeds. This, and I prefer it for uploading photos.