Multi-cache only accessible by Premium members>

I set up a super-simple multi-cache for my library to introduce them to geocaching. However, A LOT of patroons are telling me they can't play because they don't have a Premium membership.

Are all multi-caches automatically PMO? And if not, how do I turn it off? I can't seem to find any instruction....

• Funny 2

The library patrons are mistaken.  Your cache is available to all members, because when you set up the cache page, you did not check the box saying that it was restricted to premium members only.

These patrons are likely using the official Geocaching app for iPhone or Android.  This free app has a limitation for basic members.  They cannot see "Advanced Caches," which include multi-caches, mystery caches and other cache types besides traditional caches and event caches.  The official apps also exclude caches with Difficulty/Terrain ratings higher than 2/2.  But, these Advanced Caches are freely available to basic members on the Geocaching.com website, or on authorized partner apps for smartphones, unless they are specifically coded as being available to Premium Members Only.  Patrons who are basic members can either use a GPS device to find the cache, or use their official Geocaching App by entering the waypoints found on the website as "Additional Waypoints" to another nearby cache that is available on their basic-level app.  In either case, they can log their find on your cache by going to the cache page on the Geocaching.com website.

You can see an explanation of the official smartphone apps' features for basic members and premium members in this Help Center article

• Helpful 1
On 7/14/2021 at 12:56 AM, Keystone said:

The library patrons are mistaken.  Your cache is available to all members, because when you set up the cache page, you did not check the box saying that it was restricted to premium members only.

These patrons are likely using the official Geocaching app for iPhone or Android.  This free app has a limitation for basic members.  They cannot see "Advanced Caches," which include multi-caches, mystery caches and other cache types besides traditional caches and event caches.  The official apps also exclude caches with Difficulty/Terrain ratings higher than 2/2.  But, these Advanced Caches are freely available to basic members on the Geocaching.com website, or on authorized partner apps for smartphones, unless they are specifically coded as being available to Premium Members Only.  Patrons who are basic members can either use a GPS device to find the cache, or use their official Geocaching App by entering the waypoints found on the website as "Additional Waypoints" to another nearby cache that is available on their basic-level app.  In either case, they can log their find on your cache by going to the cache page on the Geocaching.com website.

You can see an explanation of the official smartphone apps' features for basic members and premium members in this Help Center article

You’ve made my day. Stumbled across your reply by accident and had always assumed what I could see on the App was all I had access to as a basic Member (DH is the Premium Member in this house). A whole new world of caching has been opened up to me. Thank you so much.