Cheaters

Is there someone or a place that you can report people cheating on GeoTours? I have evidence and it really spoiled the tour for a lot of the attendees, I just want to make sure that everyone has a fair shot at playing the game. It's not like there is a trophy. This is a game that a lot of children and boy scouts play. I love it as well as many another adults, we should set a good example for them.  

• Funny 1
6 minutes ago, texasbrat said:

Is there someone or a place that you can report people cheating on GeoTours? I have evidence and it really spoiled the tour for a lot of the attendees, I just want to make sure that everyone has a fair shot at playing the game. It's not like there is a trophy. This is a game that a lot of children and boy scouts play. I love it as well as many another adults, we should set a good example for them.  

It's hard to say without knowing what was unfair.  But you could contact the cache owner, and there's a contact form to HQ here:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/

If caches are broken, appropriate logs would help.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, texasbrat said:

How did they cheat on the geotour, and how did that spoil the fun for a lot of the attendees? Are you saying it was an event? They found the caches before you wanted them to at the event? They stole the FTF?

20 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

How did they cheat on the geotour, and how did that spoil the fun for a lot of the attendees? Are you saying it was an event? They found the caches before you wanted them to at the event? They stole the FTF?

You know, I dislike the term 'cheat' in geocaching, but many Geotours do offer non-geocaching bonuses like geocoins, coupons, and collectible items, usually while supplies last. I could understand people being frustrated by "cheaters" who simply learn the required information to complete a geotour without actually doing the geocaches, just to get the swag, leaving none for other people who do the geotour legitimately...

The "cheating" isn't about geocaching so much as it is collecting tangible rewards from the geotour hosts without doing the tasks legitimately. That I get.  (unfortunately there's nothing HQ can do about that - the Geotour host would be the organization to communicate with)

Edited by thebruce0