OC Meeting

Guest dutchman12

Guest dutchman12

Would any of the Geocache Fanatics in Southern California like to get together in Orange County? I would like to organize a gathering, maybe everyone could bring something to place in a cache, and we could scout a location and leave it... Just an idea... Email me if anyone is interested.

Guest Miles678

Sounds good to me! I know there is a fair amount of cacheing activity down here in the San Diego area. Any other takers?

By the way, the title of your message isn't necessarily intuitive. I almost missed it altogether.

Miles678

[This message has been edited by Miles678 (edited 18 June 2001).]

Lars Thorwald and I are tenatively planning another picnic for all SoCal geocachers in early October. We haven't made any plans set in concrete yet, and we're always looking for help.

There will also be a "mass-caching" at The Swimmer's Cache in Long Beach on September 7. If you are willing to travel up to the Simi Valley area, there's a picnic scheduled for the end of September also.

If you haven't been to any of the picnics/get togethers that we've had in the area, they are a lot of fun. It's nice to meet the new cachers in the area too. If you would like to help out with planning the picnic for October, let Lars Thorwald (Charlie) or I know.

"I thought you said this was a quick find!" - My wife

(Sorry to be off topic) Game 4 of Minute War is going to begin shortly and I'm trying to recruit a player based in Orange County or Los Angeles County to join Team West. For those who haven't heard of Minute War it is similar to capture the flag with virtual flags played with GPSRs. The web site is minutewar dot org. When there, click on the Polls button to join a team.

Our primary goal is to have fun - don't hold back because you are concerned about 'good strategy' or 'making the correct move' or 'speeling correctly'. The overall game will get better and better for all players as we add new players.

Glenn

I have gotten a couple in that area and there is one that stumped me that I would like to get again. I have never been to a GC gathering before, so I don't know if there is supposed to be a Cache hidden at the meeting place, or if we all get in our cars and go huntin' or what? But I have not been getting many lately so any chance to hunt is fine by me. There are also quite a few around the City of Orange if there is a park around there. I'm game for just about anywhere. Just make sure it's on a Saturday, and that we can get at least a month's notice, so that we can drum up some more atendees.

GeoBoltz

You're probably right. There is a YAHOO group called OCGEOCACHERS and I placed a message there. I think if we give it until January or Febuary we could drum up some interest. The person that originally posted this thread was a guest so I can't contact them, but I will contact others that originally replied via email and see who's still interested. But I am willing to hook up some weekend for a picnic/barbcue Cache w/ the family. I have 2 myself. Girl 8, boy 19 months. Give the "Gathering" some time to develop. I will also check out who went to the Root Beer social a while back and see if they'd be interested again.

Cheers,

GeoBoltz

I had just been asking this question on the Yahoo group site and had a couple positive replies. My wife and I are new to geocache as of last of November and are already hooked. My sister from Arizona got us interested. She and her husband are retired and spend a lot of fun time geocaching.

I guess we should make sure that the people on the OC site and this thread are hooked together so that we get all interested people involved.

Being new to this, not sure of how to set up such a get together, but am willing to help in anyway I can.