IPhone is not showing many caches found on geocaching.com website. Why?

I have a Premium membership and had spotted on geocaching.com, a recently placed cache near my home. I do most of my geocaching from my iPhone. My phone is signed into my account when using the geocaching app. I discovered this cache was not viewable on my iPhone. I could not determine why the cache shows up on the website, but not on the app. I began to wonder how many other existing caches were not showing up on my phone. I began to discover there were many caches of all types not showing up on my iPhone app by Groundspeak, Inc. As I began to compare the website version of geocaching.com and the app, I discovered many missing caches from the iPhone app. In fact, there was a nearby series of 36 geocaches along a single remote trail. All placed by the same cacher and numbered in sequence (GC38WEF "VA-I" thru GC38WN9 "VA-XXXVI"). When looking at the 36 nearby caches that were not "premium only" caches and all were traditional caches, 21 of the 36 caches did not show up on my iPhone app. I also quickly found another 10 caches closer to my home that appear on the Groundspeak website, did not appear on the app. By the way, the app on my phone has been updated to the latest version (I do have an iPhone 8). Does any one know the cause of all these discrepancies? How can this be resolved? I'd like to be able to rely on my iPhone app to be able to locate nearby caches when I have not had adequate time to scope out the area on the website version. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, T-fox

• Upvote 1

Is the filter funnel icon solid white (filter turned on?).  If so, a filter turned on can cause caches to not appear.  Tap that filter icon and scroll to see the various caches you can filter, and there's also a "Reset" button on that page. 

If no filters are set, but icons still don't show, try turning all the filters "on" and "Apply" them, and then turn them all off and "Apply" that.  I had to do something similar with the distance setting in the AL App recently -- I had to first select "Use metric system", then deselect it, to set US measurements.

IMG_8051.JPG

Edited by kunarion
On 4/13/2021 at 8:19 PM, Treasurefox said:

I have a Premium membership and had spotted on geocaching.com, a recently placed cache near my home. I do most of my geocaching from my iPhone. My phone is signed into my account when using the geocaching app. I discovered this cache was not viewable on my iPhone. 

This has been happening to me, too.  They show up in Cachly, but not in the "official" app sometimes for me.  Even when I log them as Found, they still don't show up.  It only happens occasionally.  It's REALLY irritating.

Edited by MJ_GG_Allin

Went out yesterday and found a number of geocaches along the Florida trails.  All were placed by the same geocacher.  I was able to log them on my iphone as I always do but when I get home I like to edit my entries as most times without my glasses my spelling is really terrible.  Got home yesterday and tried this and found two geocaches were not registering on the OSX Geocache program.  I'm running OSX Monterey Version 12.0.1.  On my iphone 12 Pro I'm running software version 15.1.1.  On the OSX version I've gone in and selected all the options under filters.  Welcome any suggestions.