Are “My Waypoints” Public?

Bstewotter

As a Geocaching app user, I can say that puzzles without official GeoCheckers is not easy. I think I found a way to make this easier by using My Waypoints to navigate to the cache locations. I am assuming they are private, because “Cache Notes” are not visible to any other user, but I want to make sure so I don’t leak any solved puzzle cache coordinates to other users. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Bstewotter said:

As a Geocaching app user, I can say that puzzles without official GeoCheckers is not easy. I think I found a way to make this easier by using My Waypoints to navigate to the cache locations. I am assuming they are private, because “Cache Notes” are not visible to any other user, but I want to make sure so I don’t leak any solved puzzle cache coordinates to other users. Thanks!

Any waypoints you add in the app are only visible to you in the app.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
11 minutes ago, Bstewotter said:

You mean like Enter solved coordinates on the Geocaching app ?    :)     There's a lot of helpful info in the Help Center.

I typically solve puzzles on the computer and use the puzzle checker there, either the built-in one or a third party site like certitude. The built in checker automatically updates the coordinates in the app, pasting in from certitude into corrected coordinates is an extra step but also shows up in the app.

It would be helpful to have the checker show up in the app. At some point I hope it will make it over there. Until then, worst case scenario, one could use the phone browser to use the checker.

• Upvote 1