Feature: Being able to choose the images on our profile.

isaac7437

I think that it would be nice to have the option where we could choose what images were displayed on our profile, or hide some. I think that it would be a good feature as I have taken a lot of pictures of wet and unsignable logs, and they are all on my profile, and I would like the wet log pictures just to be shown on the cache page not my profile. It would be nice to hide these, and just be able to select the images that we want to appear on your profile.

I hope you consider this suggestion. *If you would also like the idea of this feature, please upvote my post*.

Thanks. :)

• Surprised 1
19 hours ago, isaac7437 said:

I think that it would be nice to have the option where we could choose what images were displayed on our profile, or hide some.

I think that it would be a good feature as I have taken a lot of pictures of wet and unsignable logs, and they are all on my profile, and I would like the wet log pictures just to be shown on the cache page not my profile. It would be nice to hide these, and just be able to select the images that we want to appear on your profile.

Actually, I feel if you've taken a lot of pictures of other people's caches, you should own up to the fact that this is an issue with you.  :)

We're lucky to get folks to leave a NM or DNF, so sounds like you might be doing good.  

The ones who get carried away micro-managing an area that doesn't request it, we usually find out about at events from people looking at profiles.

• Surprised 1
14 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

you should own up to the fact that this is an issue with you. 

But, I have to take pictures of the wet log to prove that I have found the cache otherwise I get a DNF? It is just annoying the wet log pictures being on my main profile and not just being on the cache page. :grin: 

3 hours ago, isaac7437 said:

But, I have to take pictures of the wet log to prove that I have found the cache otherwise I get a DNF? It is just annoying the wet log pictures being on my main profile and not just being on the cache page. :grin: 

Well according to the Guideline picture aren't acceptable proof and if you don't write your name on a random piece of paper that will be wet next week and be unreadable you shouldn't claim a find on that cache.

I prefer using common sense and also log a find on those kind of garbage cache that are everywhere in my province.

• Upvote 5
On 11/26/2020 at 9:03 PM, isaac7437 said:

I think that it would be nice to have the option where we could choose what images were displayed on our profile, or hide some.

I’m not sure I’d make any use of the feature, but it seems a reasonable enough request.

6 hours ago, isaac7437 said:

But, I have to take pictures of the wet log to prove that I have found the cache otherwise I get a DNF?

Off topic but...  I’ve never found a log that I couldn’t leave my mark on.  It might simply be the ‘I’ from my caching name, or on the wettest of logs, just the dot from the ‘i’ - punched into the mush!  I’ll explain in my online log how I’ve signed, and leave a NM where appropriate.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, IceColdUK said:

Off topic but...  I’ve never found a log that I couldn’t leave my mark on.  It might simply be the ‘I’ from my caching name, or on the wettest of logs, just the dot from the ‘i’ - punched into the mush!  I’ll explain in my online log how I’ve signed, and leave a NM where appropriate.

This is the worst one I've come across. The container and baggie were both full of water and the log completely sodden to the extent that none of the pens or pencils in my collection would leave any sort of mark on it other than a hole.

DSC_0418.jpg.d62a1071380ca0716106634ba74d8b4f.jpg

It had 5 NMs logged about it but, presumably because it was still being found, didn't get picked up by the CHS until it got a string of DNFs when the access path to the gully was temporarily closed. Two and a half years after my visit it was finally put out of its misery.

Back to the topic at hand, I don't mind having images like this in my profile gallery as it's all part of my caching history. I'd rather it was a true account rather than a sanitised version in which all the photos are rainbows-and-unicorns caches.

• Upvote 2