How to delete photos from Gallery

SmileyPanda

11 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

The only way I know of is to delete them from the log it's associated with. So I click on the photo and it'll say view log. From there I can delete the photo. 

Unfortunately that's also the only way I know. I would like to be able to delete from the gallery several images at once.

14 minutes ago, SmileyPanda said:

I have already deleted the photo from the log, but it still shows in the gallery.

I'm only asking this because it's such an easy thing to miss. After you hit the delete button you also have to hit the yes/confirm button that's in small letters at the top. Did you do that also?

12 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm only asking this because it's such an easy thing to miss. After you hit the delete button you also have to hit the yes/confirm button that's in small letters at the top. Did you do that also?

Yes, the file is gone from the log, but still shows in the gallery.  when I click on the photo in the gallery, it no longer shows a link to the original log page.

1 minute ago, SmileyPanda said:

Yes, the file is gone from the log, but still shows in the gallery.  when I click on the photo in the gallery, it no longer shows a link to the original log page.

Ok, I think I know what is going on now.  The file is gone from the gallery now, so I think that maybe it just requires time for the gallery to sync with the logs before it gets removed.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
18 hours ago, SmileyPanda said:

Ok, I think I know what is going on now.  The file is gone from the gallery now, so I think that maybe it just requires time for the gallery to sync with the logs before it gets removed.

But I still don't know how to delete those gallery photos if they're from a travel bug log. 

19 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

But I still don't know how to delete those gallery photos if they're from a travel bug log. 

It would need to be your TB, or your log.  If you open the specific log, you can click the "Edit Image" link and then "Delete Image".  NOT to be confused with the "Delete Log" trashcan which deletes the log only.

At least that's the way it should work.  Lately there's a bug where a TB image shows blank when you upload or edit.  I haven't done any testing on such "blank" previews.  If I have a lot of time to try it someday, I might have more info.  But you see the image at first, then click "Edit Image", and the next screen would be the one to delete, although it's not actually in view.

13 minutes ago, kunarion said:

It would need to be your TB, or your log.  If you open the specific log, you can click the "Edit Image" link and then "Delete Image".  NOT to be confused with the "Delete Log" trashcan which deletes the log only.

At least that's the way it should work.  Lately there's a bug where a TB image shows blank when you upload or edit.  I haven't done any testing on such "blank" previews.  If I have a lot of time to try it someday, I might have more info.  But you see the image at first, then click "Edit Image", and the next screen would be the one to delete, although it's not actually in view.

I think that's what I'm missing:  I can't find the logs for the gallery photos that went with travel bugs. In the gallery you can click on the pictures for geocache logs and delete it  but if it's a picture for a TB log there's no link to the log. I'm obviously missing something but I can't figure out why the gallery photo does not have a link to the TB log it belongs to. 

8 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I think that's what I'm missing:  I can't find the logs for the gallery photos that went with travel bugs. In the gallery you can click on the pictures for geocache logs and delete it  but if it's a picture for a TB log there's no link to the log. I'm obviously missing something but I can't figure out why the gallery photo does not have a link to the TB log it belongs to. 

I see what you mean.  Photos from cache logs have links to the log, photos from Trackables don't.  I'd swear it used to be there.  I'll go ask about that.

Untitled-ttoo1.jpg

Edited by kunarion
I'd shake your hand but I been haulin' corpses.
29 minutes ago, SmileyPanda said:

OK, so at the risk of rehashing this topic.... I had deleted photos from logs, but they still show up in the gallery, and I don't understand why.

Here are my steps. Click on my public profile and then the gallery tab. Click on the photo. Click on view log. Click on edit image. Click on delete image. Click on yes delete. 

Return to my public profile. Click on gallery. The photo is no longer there.

I used this process for both the old profile and the new profile and the result was the same.

Edited by Max and 99
1 minute ago, SmileyPanda said:

Click on my public profile <<< I can do this

and then the gallery tab. <<<< I can do this

Click on the photo. <<<< I can do this

Click on view log.  <<<< I am not presented with this option 

Then it could be a travel bug photo. Which I mentioned earlier in the thread there's no current way to delete those photos. There is also a new bug thread posted under the website forum. 

2 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Then it could be a travel bug photo. Which I mentioned earlier in the thread there's no current way to delete those photos. There is also a new bug thread posted under the website forum. 

Oh, OK.  Probably the case then.  I know that I loaded travel bug photos too, and maybe that is the situation.  I am able to delete other photos from logs and the are deleted from the gallery.  Thanks for your help.

4 minutes ago, SmileyPanda said:

Oh, OK.  Probably the case then.  I know that I loaded travel bug photos too, and maybe that is the situation.  I am able to delete other photos from logs and the are deleted from the gallery.  Thanks for your help.

The inability to delete those travel bug log photos is very new and a mystery. It was your original post that brought me to discover this problem. So thanks for that!