Florida Community

Reef Rats

quote:
Originally posted by CacheMonkeez:

Aren't you in South Florida?

Yes, but not Miami - the thread on the message board area of the site had said "Miami - Southeast Florida." There are a lot of us in Broward, Palm Beach, and even up into Martin county. I'm about 80 miles away from Miami city limits. (Ironically, I lived in Miami for like 6 or 7 years!)

My point - I guess - is that there's a lot going on inbetween the major metropolitan areas. It's not just down in South Florida - there's a lot in the middle of the state too.

Just wondering if there's going to be something on either the main page of the site or in the forums to accommodate those areas? Like breaking up the state into regions - with the major metro city for each region listed or something.

I was just being a little cheeky! I think the site looks awesome - and I really think those who put it up deserve a lot of credit.

We here in the rest of Florida think of SE FL as one big city, Miami!

Just kidding. The site is divided into regions with the major city in that region being the identifier. For example, Orlando includes not just Orlando, but also the Space Coast area.

So think of Miami going from Key West up to Martin County. icon_wink.gif

I will try to make the geographic distinctions a bit clearer. icon_smile.gif It's not easy when the state is so large.

A lot of us have no clue where a particular county in the state is, but we know the region around Miami, or the area around Jacksonville.

So when area is keyed "Miami / South Florida" that means "South Florida".

Unless it's the University of South Florida, which is really Tampa. icon_smile.gif

>For example, Orlando includes not just Orlando, but also the Space Coast area.

So think of Miami going from Key West up to Martin County. icon_wink.gif

So where does that leave us Indian River County Cachers?? tongue.gif We're above Martin County, but below the Space Coast. Poor little Indian River...always forgotten, not quite South Florida, not quite North.....guess I'll just stick with the Orlandoers.

quote:
Originally posted by Scubagirl:

Poor little Indian River...always forgotten, not quite South Florida, not quite North.....

Kinda makes you wistful for a state the size of Connecticut, doesn't it?

All jokes aside, it is pretty great to be a Fla cacher, only because there is sooooo much to see here. I've cached the south end and by Lake Okeechobee, and now one on the west coast(so far), but I can imagine that the further north you go the more interesting the landscape is.

Doc,

DUh silly me. See what happens when you try and post under the influence of children ? Thanks for clearing it up for me though. That being said the park is GREAT. We went the week before the kids(here) went back to school and had the place to our lonesomes. Everyone up there was already back in school. One heads up, my palm reindexed the chart from the cache page, and we never found the final spot. Bring print outs.Objets