Can't view cache after getting notification (iPhone)

Thot

51 minutes ago, Thot said:

I set up text notification for newly approved caches.  I get the texts but am unable to view the cache. 

IMG_1644.jpg

The Safari screen looks like a page I see when I'm logged in.  You can try signing out and sign in:

When you tap the three line menu icon ("hamburger icon"), does it show you are logged in?  If so, tap your avatar, and you're sent to your Profile page.  There's a "down arrow" icon that opens a drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the page.  You can "sign out" there.  Then sign in.

4 hours ago, Thot said:

I set up text notification for newly approved caches.  I get the texts but am unable to view the cache. 

IMG_1644.jpg

Do you by any chance have filters set to ignore particular caches?  I filter out the caches that have the wonders I have already found.  I haven’t had this happen (yet) so just throwing out a suggestion.  

22 minutes ago, outdoorsoccer said:

Do you by any chance have filters set to ignore particular caches?  I filter out the caches that have the wonders I have already found.  I haven’t had this happen (yet) so just throwing out a suggestion.  

Thanks to you and kunarion for your replies.  No, I have no filters.  I have filters in Cachly, but not on GC.com.  I have no filters anywhere that would filter out freshly released caches that are rated 1/5/1.5

Edited by Thot
1 hour ago, Thot said:

What information do you need?

Have notifications previously worked fine?

Does the browser allow you to view caches in other ways (such as by browsing when not using "notifications")?

What iPhone and software version is it?

Is Safari up to date?

I haven't been able to get the same screens you posted.  It's like it's a different setting (or version)?  That login with the hamburger icon seems familiar, but I'm getting a completely different login screen.  I thought it was the site's desktop version rather than the phone version, but I'm still not seeing it.

I'm thinking that you just need to log into Safari, and then it should work.  But I can't type the steps to log in, because your page is different.

Edited by kunarion
55 minutes ago, Thot said:

Thanks to you and kunarion for your replies.  No, I have no filters.  I have filters in Cachly, but not on GC.com.  I have no filters anywhere that would filter out freshly released caches that are rated 1/5/1.5

Have you tried to see the caches in Cachly?  I don’t have Cachly so don’t know how to search by GC code, but I assume you can do it.  

Previously I got notifications on my Desktop and they worked fine.

Yes, I can go to the cache shown in Safari and see all details

iOS  version 13.7

I have never updated Safari.  I assumed it is updated when the operating system updates.

Yes, I see caches in Cachly.

18 minutes ago, Thot said:

Previously I got notifications on my Desktop and they worked fine.

Yes, I can go to the cache shown in Safari and see all details

iOS  version 13.7

I have never updated Safari.  I assumed it is updated when the operating system updates.

Yes, I see caches in Cachly.

The weird thing is the cache page you get in Safari. 

I clicked a cache notification in email, and Safari popped up, and it was not logged in although I had logged in already.  I tried it again and it was still logged in.  But that cache page!

I get a page more or less like the one on the left when I'm not logged in.  The one on the right is your screen shot, and a cache page layout is way different.  I haven't figure out why it's like that.  I'm thinking this may be part of the puzzle, part of the reason you can't log in.

IMG_1644.jpg.d20c8c717db660fd19fe40ac3bc6e2f4.jpg

Edited by kunarion
4 hours ago, Thot said:

I didn't follow you.  I don't see an my avatar on any of these screens.  If you meant log out of the geocaching web page and log back in, I tried that -- no change.

IMG_1646.jpg

Hang on a second.  Did you notice that you have both a "Log In" button and a "Sign Out" menu item on the same screen?

IMG_1646.jpg.jpg

What happens if you instead tap "Sign Out" and then log in?

Edited by kunarion
11 minutes ago, Thot said:

I'm not sure what you mean. The screen with the lock looks the same

I was noticing that you had a screen shot that shows a menu where you can click a button to "Log In", and also that same screen offers a menu item where you can Sign Out.  This is highly unusual site behavior.

IMG_1646.jpg.jpg

19 minutes ago, Thot said:

I take the lock to mean I'm not logged in

The lock shows that you are not logged in as a Premium Member.  You may be logged in as a Basic Member able to view other caches, not PM caches such as the one in your screen shot.  That would be worth testing.

IMG_1644.jpg.d20c8c717db660fd19fe40ac3bc6e2f4.jpg

The trick is getting logged out and then logging in.  That page seems to be in limbo.

Edited by kunarion

I'm able to get a screen formatted in a similar way to your first post.  I open "geocaching.com" and I get the three-line "hamburger menu" icon.  But on my Safari, it only slides the page over to reveal the Profile menu.  It doesn't offer "Sign Up Log In" as your phone shows.

Also, that old format is not persistent.  It changes to the new format as soon as I click anything.

12 minutes ago, Thot said:

I can't tap it twice.  It sends me back to the lock screen on first tap

Have you tried turning your phone off and then back on?

I also found where to clear Safari's history.  It almost looks like you have a combination of two site formats in view at the same time.  Weird.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265

Edited by kunarion