"This device does not have a compass"

I have previous used an android tablet and LocusPro when out as a back up for the GPS. Then I bought a new phone.

I have loaded the Geocaching app on my new phone and most of it works fine. However, when I click on 'directions' I get the message "This device does not have a compass". This could well be the case as it wasnt one of my priorities when chosing which phone to buy. There are many compass apps around but does anyone know a way of getting the geocaching app to talk to any of them?

1 hour ago, Weary Banker & Bookworm said:

I have previous used an android tablet and LocusPro when out as a back up for the GPS. Then I bought a new phone.

I have loaded the Geocaching app on my new phone and most of it works fine. However, when I click on 'directions' I get the message "This device does not have a compass". This could well be the case as it wasnt one of my priorities when chosing which phone to buy. There are many compass apps around but does anyone know a way of getting the geocaching app to talk to any of them?

This has been discussed quite a bit!  I lost compass when I updated the app one time. Never got it back.

1 hour ago, Weary Banker & Bookworm said:

Does anyone know of a way of getting the Geocaching app to 'talk' to any of the Compass apps available out there.

I don't think a compass app is going to fix anything. The problem is that the API calls that Groundspeak's app uses are reporting that your device does not have a hardware compass. Adding a compass app isn't going to change the lack of a hardware compass.