Changing puzzle false coordinates

Jack_of_Hearts

On 7/5/2020 at 9:14 PM, Keystone said:

Since you do not own any caches, I assume you are asking this question about puzzles you've solved?  For this, use the corrected coordinates "pencil" feature.  These corrections are ONLY visible to you - it does not leave a log or other record.

No, I'm talking about puzzles of my own I am preparing to put out. (I am not a new cacher - I already own several caches under a family account).

I'm thinking about gradually organizing my puzzles I put out into geoart, but I'm not entirely decided on the points yet.

I would like to know, if I want to change the appearance of the geoart later on, if it will be done via a log entry or if it can be done silently?

14 minutes ago, Jack_of_Hearts said:

No, I'm talking about puzzles of my own I am preparing to put out. (I am not a new cacher - I already own several caches under a family account).

I'm thinking about gradually organizing my puzzles I put out into geoart, but I'm not entirely decided on the points yet.

I would like to know, if I want to change the appearance of the geoart later on, if it will be done via a log entry or if it can be done silently?

I was secretly hoping you'd say this. Cuz I have an answer. No, it's not silent. In fact, I got FTF on a puzzle because when it was published, the CO realized to his horror that the posted coordinates were the final coordinates. So he quickly pulled over, and changed them a little bit at a time to get them further away (since the change distance is limited). After working on the puzzle for hours, the fact that he repeatedly changed the fake coordinates of a puzzle cache kept running in my mind. I took a chance, and there was the cache. He thought it was hilarious.

So be forewarned: it's not silent!

I've received several notifications in my area of posted puzzle coordinates changing, for the same reason you have stated.

• Helpful 1

Changing posted coordinates is anything but silent.  Everyone signed up for notifications, everyone who's watchlisted your cache, everyone who's bookmarked your cache and checked the box for notifications - they will all receive logs.  Moreover, your reviewer will need to action each log.  It is several page loads for the reviewer each time coordinates are updated. 

I recommend getting the GeoArt right the first time.

• Helpful 2

Just in case you've not written up a Mystery cache, the interface in the CSP is a bit odd. It will ask you for the FINAL first, and that will be  by default VISIBLE. Don't worry, just add a waypoint (or stage, I don't recall the wording).  Those are your listing, "bogus" coords. Once there are two waypoints, you'll see the option to hide the final.