Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skliblatik

Integration of Adventures with Geocaching.com

I'd like to ask if somebody know if there is at least some support for lab caches somewhere on ???.geocaching.com web pages. I understand that the lab must be played/found using the app. (Well to be honest, I even do not understand this - we have Wherigo which seems to have superset of lab adventure features, and since I understand geocaching to be more game than competition or race, I cannot appreciate why so strong anti-cheating fuss is necessary.) Anyway, what I miss is:

• to see lab caches on a common map with other cache types,
  • to browse/read lab description on my computer screen (e.g. web page),
  •  to see comments/logs of other players, again on a big screen,
  • to be able to write my comment/log using a keyboard (via web page).

On my geocaching profile, there is that summary count of lab caches (locations) found, but the logs (for those I have written) are not there, which is weird.

Am I missing something?

• Upvote 2

On 2/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, skliblatik said:

I'd like to ask if somebody know if there is at least some support for lab caches somewhere on ???.geocaching.com web pages. I understand that the lab must be played/found using the app. (Well to be honest, I even do not understand this - we have Wherigo which seems to have superset of lab adventure features, and since I understand geocaching to be more game than competition or race, I cannot appreciate why so strong anti-cheating fuss is necessary.) Anyway, what I miss is:

• to see lab caches on a common map with other cache types,
  • to browse/read lab description on my computer screen (e.g. web page),
  •  to see comments/logs of other players, again on a big screen,
  • to be able to write my comment/log using a keyboard (via web page).

On my geocaching profile, there is that summary count of lab caches (locations) found, but the logs (for those I have written) are not there, which is weird.

Am I missing something?

I do not think so. 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Hey now, I never said that!

Sorry - copied from your post - missed that you had taken the quote yourself 
I've deleted and re-posted

Edited by Deepdiggingmole

On 2/5/2020 at 10:05 PM, skliblatik said:

I understand geocaching to be more game than competition or race, I cannot appreciate why so strong anti-cheating fuss is necessary.

I can't answer the rest of the question - but with regard to the above - yes, geocaching is a game - and ignoring the competition or race aspect - it is still a game with rules 
Sign the logbook to log a find online or as with adventure labs attend the location to answer the questions - I (personally) do not appreciate cheats on my Adventure Lab caches just as much as cheats on any of my other caches.

• Upvote 1