Confusion with resubmitting listing for review

The A-Team

I recently submitted a listing for review, but it wasn't able to be published because another hider had beat me to the area and their cache was published. I just moved the container to a new spot, updated the listing, and was then confused about how to submit the listing again. The only options I had available were "Edit cache" and "Respond", the latter of which allowed me to write a Reviewer Note. There wasn't any sign of a way to submit/enable the listing. I figured I'd just write the Reviewer Note with the updated hide details and then send a message to the reviewer letting them know that I had made changes. After submitting the Reviewer Note through the "Respond" button, I now get a "Resubmit for review" option. Clicking this pops up the same box as when you initially submit, prompting for details of the hide through a Reviewer Note. The requirement to post two Reviewer Notes in succession is redundant.

This process was confusing. At the point that I had the listing ready to resubmit, I wasn't given an option to do so, and I was forced to provide the hide information twice due to the unnecessary second Reviewer Note.

I think one of the following needs to be done:

• Offer "Resubmit for review" right away, rather than "Respond". This makes the process more clear and avoids one of the two Reviewer Notes.
  • If you want the owner to respond first, then provide an explanation that you need to respond first before you'll be given the chance to resubmit. In this case, the final Reviewer Note should be bypassed because it would be redundant.
  • Offer both "Respond" and "Resubmit for review" right away. That way further correspondence can occur via "Respond", or a ready-to-submit listing can be submitted via "Resubmit for review". In this case, the final Reviewer Note can remain and be used to describe the updated hide.
  • Helpful 3
6 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

This process was confusing. At the point that I had the listing ready to resubmit, I wasn't given an option to do so, and I was forced to provide the hide information twice due to the unnecessary second Reviewer Note.

Yes, it's a real dog's breakfast. I had the same thing with my Community Celebration event which was born with a Reviewer Note from HQ containing all the details and requirements. I couldn't just submit it, I had to click on Respond, create a Reviewer Note responding to that one, then click on Submit where I was prompted for yet another Reviewer Note. To make things worse, I had to pull it from the queue to correct a spelling mistake I spotted in the title (doh!) then resubmit, and of course that required yet another Reviewer Note. I think in all of that I must have confused the reviewer because it's just been sitting in the queue all week with no further action while a bunch of other caches submitted well after mine have been published.

I agree that the logic isn't quite right.  If a cache has been disabled by reviewer  and then edited by owner, there should be an option to submit, the "response" to the reviewer disable was the editing.

FYI, when your altered and edited cache was ready to submit, and the top pane had only "respond" or "edit"  - you could have clicked edit, and from the bottom of the edit page clicked submit! one more reviewer note with that of course ;-) but one fewer RN than the process you used.

In reviewer mode, I can tell you that the top pane offerings have  helped with getting caches published - as opposed to reviewed to no response. That still happens, but it seems that the top pane logic has helped people who are willing to make an effort proceed.

8 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

FYI, when your altered and edited cache was ready to submit, and the top pane had only "respond" or "edit"  - you could have clicked edit, and from the bottom of the edit page clicked submit! one more reviewer note with that of course ;-) but one fewer RN than the process you used.

Good point. That option was there, but I used "Save and preview" because I wanted to double-check that the listing looked right and didn't think to go back in there to submit. If the confusing process doesn't change, I'll have to keep this workaround in mind.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:26 PM, The A-Team said:

Offer both "Respond" and "Resubmit for review" right away. That way further correspondence can occur via "Respond", or a ready-to-submit listing can be submitted via "Resubmit for review". In this case, the final Reviewer Note can remain and be used to describe the updated hide.

^^This one makes the most sense to me.  Let me decide if I need further guidance or interaction with my reviewer via a response, or if I am ready to resubmit as I've "fixed" what needed to be fixed.  Fewer redundant notes, less time for the reviewer ensuring the notes ARE redundant (or determining if they are  the same or not), and a more efficient process all around.