Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
de madammen

how do I get open street maps on etrex 30

Recommended Posts

Hello

I accidentely removed my map from my etrex 30.

Now I reinstalled it with openstreetmaps and garmin basecamp.

I know, to load caches,  I have to use windows explorer, but that doesn't run opentreetmaps. Google chrome does so I worked with that.

Now I have only big autoroutes on the GPS and no little tracks or streets.

We wil be going to Scotland tomorrow so I am a bit stressed rightnow.😩

Can someone give me an advice?

greetings

Bie from de madammen.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, de madammen said:

Hello

I accidentely removed my map from my etrex 30.

Now I reinstalled it with openstreetmaps and garmin basecamp.

I know, to load caches,  I have to use windows explorer, but that doesn't run opentreetmaps. Google chrome does so I worked with that.

Now I have only big autoroutes on the GPS and no little tracks or streets.

 

I'm not sure what you mean by "running OSM "  in your browser.

To get the map on your GPS, download the map from the OSM site, unzip and copy to your GPS (x:/Garmin/ folder).

I don't know how the Etrex 30 works but you might need to go into settings to make the map visible.

 

Share this post


Link to post

You can save the OSM to an SD card and pop that into the Etrex then, from the Menu>Setup>Map>Select Map That's how works on my Etrex 20.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, on4bam said:

I don't know how the Etrex 30 works but you might need to go into settings to make the map visible.

I have never done anything to make the maps visible on my Etrex 30. I just download the maps to the (added) chip and they instantly work.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Goldenwattle said:

I have never done anything to make the maps visible on my Etrex 30. I just download the maps to the (added) chip and they instantly work.

You can switch maps on and off. On my Colorado and Oregon 600/700 new maps are automatically active but I wasn't sure about the Etrex. Good to see it works the same. As for the TS, when in Scotland the NL map can be switched off so it won't be loaded on start-up.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

×
×
  • Create New...