Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vulture1957

ISS Sightings - Aug 2019

The first openings for Oklahoma City area are 5 and 6 Aug. 5 Aug goes into shadow before it gets 1 minute east of OKC, and is too early to be seen in  Pocatello, ID but visible in Grand Junction CO.

So, I'm looking for players in far east and far west Colorado.

Au 6 - it's too light 1 minute west of OKC, so looking for players SE of Shreveport LA to Gulfport MS.

If anyone knows of waymarkers in these areas that would like to get an ISS waymark, please let them know.

So exciting! 77° alt, -3.8 mag

From Google translate: 

GC8B18G

We summon all players who want to spend some time on geocaching, trackables, etc. Talking about this game that we all are so passionate about.

After the event we will enjoy the wonderful sky that can be seen from Nerpio thanks to the low luminic pollution. In particular we will enjoy the passage of the International Space Station.

The event will take place at the coordinates indicated, day and time indicated in the list as well. 

We're waiting for you!

3 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

So exciting! 77° alt, -3.8 mag

From Google translate: 

GC8B18G 

We summon all players who want to spend some time on geocaching, trackables, etc. Talking about this game that we all are so passionate about.

After the event we will enjoy the wonderful sky that can be seen from Nerpio thanks to the low luminic pollution. In particular we will enjoy the passage of the International Space Station.

The event will take place at the coordinates indicated, day and time indicated in the list as well. 

We're waiting for you!

I think that's the pass at 15:31 over us.

3 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

I think that's the pass at 15:31 over us.

I've always wanted to spot a day pass. 😎

So if I set up a partnership, but end up not being able to see the daytime pass, does my partner still get to create a waymark? 😁😀😬

• Funny 1

On 7/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, Max and 99 said:

I've always wanted to spot a day pass. 😎

Too bright and too many clouds in the sky. But Spain had a fantastic view!

Great sighting of tonight's pass. Too bad I didn't have a partner.

I had a great view of last night's pass, almost missed tonight's because of the high clouds. But no partner here, either.

57 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

I had a great view of last night's pass, almost missed tonight's because of the high clouds. But no partner here, either.

We could not see last night's pass at all!  It was strange.