trade or not to trade

Wet_Ground

1 hour ago, Wet_Ground said:

the age old question: should I trade for trakables or just take them whit out leving anything in the cache I retrieved it from?

Trackable are not trade items.  Take it if you can help it with its journey.  No need to leave another trackable or any other item in trade for it.  Regardless of what some "TB Hotel" owners say.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Wet_Ground said:

the age old question: should I trade for trakables or just take them whit out leving anything in the cache I retrieved it from?

That's not an "age-old" question ...       Swag isn't traded anymore.  Not sure why someone would feel they'd trade trackables...    :)

If you can move a trackable along, take it.   Visit a couple times if you feel you must, then drop it in a cache.   Simple.

"Take one, leave one" is just some dreamed-up ALR from a couple anal-retentive COs, often for a cache they claim to be a "TB Hotel".

- Saw someone else do it once.  That "monkey see..." thing.     ;)

We give a Reviewer a heads-up if someone has that ALR on their cache.    Most times they'll have a temp disable on their cache shortly after.

I've removed all trackables in a cache when the CO places "conditions".   Don't do those hides much today.  Here, they have the most trackable issues.