Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luvvinbird

Garmin 66s. An annoying problem.

Recommended Posts

I'm certain the following problem I'm experiencing is just a setting, but for the life of me I can't resolve it. While in Geocaching profile, when I press FIND and then GEOCACHES, after I make my selection of geocache, I never see GO, it's always USE. Drives me nuts. The same thing happens with WAYPOINTS. However, when I select GEOCACHES on my page ribbon and then select a geocache, I get GO. I also have WAYPOINT MANAGER on my page ribbon and after selecting a waypoint via that method, I get GO. It's me, right? My highest praise offered to the FTF (First To Follow-up).

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Just tested my 66s, always get 'Go', never see 'Use'.

 

Can you get some screen captures?

 

 

Edited by Atlas Cached

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for your response. I've been struggling with changing bitmap screen captures to jpeg format. I managed to do that but I stalled at trying to add them to this response. I can't get them in order and my text is partially covered by them. I apologize for that. Meanwhile, I should mention that my "home" screen is the satellite page and that is where I press FIND.

Share this post


Link to post

Stupidly, I just solved my problem. If I press FIND from the map screen, or any other screen, I get GO every time and the same is true for waypoints. It's pressing FIND from the Satellite screen that's causing the problem. Good grief......

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

Interesting.... 'Use', as in 'Set Location'?

It appears so. As if I was creating a route. Were you able to duplicate it on your 66? Not having the ability to have different unit types (metric/statute) in different profiles is something I can put up with but this latest occurance is very annoying. I have the Satellite page set as my home page on all my GPSr's (64 series X3, 62 series X3, 60cx, 60csx and several etrex series) and FIND allows me to choose any waypoint or geocache and GO to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, luvvinbird said:

It appears so. As if I was creating a route. Were you able to duplicate it on your 66? Not having the ability to have different unit types (metric/statute) in different profiles is something I can put up with but this latest occurance is very annoying. I have the Satellite page set as my home page on all my GPSr's (64 series X3, 62 series X3, 60cx, 60csx and several etrex series) and FIND allows me to choose any waypoint or geocache and GO to it.

 

I am unable (still) to duplicate the 'Use' button being displayed....

 

PM sent

 

 

Edited by Atlas Cached

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Atlas Cached said:

 

I am unable (still) to duplicate the 'Use' button being displayed....

 

PM sent

 

 

And you have Satellite page as your home page and you press FIND from that page? If so, I think I need to contact Garmin.

Share this post


Link to post

The above screen captures are what I get when pressing FIND from the satellite page.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, luvvinbird said:

The above screen captures are what I get when pressing FIND from the satellite page.

 

Duplicated.

 

It always occurs when the Satellite page is entered from the Page Ribbon, regardless of position in the Page Ribbon.

 

Contacting Garmin....

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×