Cannot hide a new letterbox hybrid geocache

gabimis

Hello!

I am trying to create a new letterbox hybrid geocache but I am little bit struggleing with it. Everything works fine until I get to the page https://www.geocaching.com/hide/sizeratings.aspx. I enter the fields and click the button Save and Preview and the page is redirecting back to the same page, no error message is showing up. I simply cannot proceed through the workflow to save the cache. And if I click the button Back on this page, all data are lost except for Geocache Name. Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

I working on Windows 10 on web browser Mozilla Firefox in version 66.0.3. I also tried it on Microsoft Edge (version 44.17763.1.0) but it had the same result...

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Moun10Bike said:

There have been reports in the past of date format causing this issue (although I thought that had been fixed). Can you try changing your date format to something else temporarily and see if that corrects the problem?

The date was picked from the calendar in format 17.04.2019 (czech version of date) and it is not possible to write any other special character than dot in the textbox so I cannot change its format. But I tried now to save the cache with empty listing and it worked. Obviously there is some wrong object in the listing that does not allow me to proceed. I am gonna investigate now what is causing the problem. I would not think of searching the problem on the previous page so thank you for your answer!

I saw this same problem few days ago. I tried to open new cache page using my phone. (Android & native Samsumg browser) I tried many times but always I found myself redirected back to the beginning of the process without reason. Then I tried with my computer (Windows 10, Firefox) and I succeed immediatelly. No settings changed between these and the same user.

52 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

I'm sorry, I should have specified: try changing your date format preference in your settings at https://www.geocaching.com/account/settings/preferences to something else (like 17/04/19) and see if that allows you to then proceed through the cache submission process.

Oh, I understand now. Still I think there is no problem with the date format as I could create the cache with this date format and just with empty listing. Or could it be?

The way how I could create the cache was by saving it with empty listing and then edit the listing on edit page. I copied the original listing written in html to the textbox on edit page and it worked perfectly. So I could not find out why it was not working on the first page... If you want to check it somehow, the gc code for the new cache is GC86E03.

Thank you for help!

3 hours ago, gabimis said:

Oh, I understand now. Still I think there is no problem with the date format as I could create the cache with this date format and just with empty listing. Or could it be?

Ah, then my thought that this was the date issue reborn is likely incorrect. I am not sure why you would have encountered this problem, especially since you were able to proceed with a blank description. I looked at the HTML in your cache and it looks fairly standard - nothing I could see at a glance that would knowingly cause problems. If you continue to experience issues, please reach out.