Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
DieMickies

Formatting menu for log entries and message center

Hi,

I wonder if I am doing something wrong or if this would be a feature request...

When I'm on my way collecting I usually log my findings as draft on my mobile. Back home I go through my drafts, edit the text and send from my laptop. For some reason the draft editing screen does not have the formatting menu. So what I do is sending my edited draft, go back, edit again, and there it is: the text box with the formatting menu wich  I would actually expect wright at the start. 

Same with the message center. Only that there seems to be no way to edit after send. So what I do here is format my text manually by typing e.g  [xxx](https://...) for sending an url to a cache or TB which needs maintenance.

Am I missing something? Otherwise it would be a real improvement to provide the formatting menu right away.

Greetings,

DieMickies

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-07 um 23.26.41.png

I do not think that a rich text editor has been implemented for mobile and/or message centre yet. 

Your best bet would be to directly type in the appropriate Markdown code. Geocaching HQ has a guide on that here

8 hours ago, DieMickies said:

When I'm on my way collecting I usually log my findings as draft on my mobile. Back home I go through my drafts, edit the text and send from my laptop. For some reason the draft editing screen does not have the formatting menu. So what I do is sending my edited draft, go back, edit again, and there it is: the text box with the formatting menu wich  I would actually expect wright at the start.

The other option would be to "Opt Out" of the 'new logging' experience.  Then use the Drafts page to keep track of which caches you visited, but type your log text by going directly to the cache page and clicking the green "Log geocache" button on the cache page.  Then you'll be able to use the 'old logging' screen to submit your log on that cache. Of course, then you'd need to delete the Draft log from the Drafts page.

Ok, thank you! I thought there would be a more convenient way...