Cachers in La Grande and/or Baker City

fractal

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

This, I gotta see. Oregone's log in LaGrande and K-Falls on the same day! icon_biggrin.gif

Now THAT sounds like a dare!

1)Find the Coast to Coast logbook.

2)Actually move it east.

3)Find that crazy northern california cache.

If someone offers prizes, I'm doing it.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

As a former smoker/drinker, I prefer he didn't do either, but as his one 'must have' item if stranded on Government Island is his cigarettes, I figured he'd make his cannonball run for a carton or two.

Oregone, we'll be monitoring the State Police frequencies to keep up with your progress as they chase you across the state at a high rate of speed. May "the force" be with you.

5505_600.gif

Cigarettes? Beer? Aw, you guys know me too well.

I'm pretty sure that it's possible to go to both (all three, that is) places in one day--providing you let me cheat just a little bit. Although i won't actually write in the physical logbook until 12:01am on saturday, you have to let me figure out where the "For the Birds" cache is around 6pm on friday the 26th. Also, since the nearest eastbound cache from there requires either snowmobiles or a 4x4, i may have to place a new cache. I know of a place in Island City that might work, but the C2C logbook requires a 50cal ammo box or larger so this is going to be tough.

The final stipulation is that this can't be a bet. That N Cal cache was hidden almost a year ago, and i hear it was their first hide. i think you hear me knocking. Therefore, i can't really say for certain that i'll actually find it. so i can't offer you anything if i fail.

Because i probably will.

But it will be a fun multi-state adventure. I don't think i can accept an entire CARTON of American Spirits (blue), or an entire CASE of pbr, but a pint or three and a pack o' spirits makes for a nice evening.

I fixed my tape player in the CRX the day before yesterday, and i recently found that pouring Dr. Pepper on your battery terminals clears up any alternator problems that i may or may not have had in the last couple weeks, so i'm up for it if the Honda is.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed