Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
humboldt flier

"Your Public Profile"

Relating to the title ... have "they" broken that feature???

Opened mine up expecting to examine my stats ... a very truncated version appears.  Downloaded a PQ into "Mygeocachingprofile" in order to examine my stats.

I have used the "Public Profile" to determine whether an individual has completed requirements to log some of my challenges ... NO JOY IN Mudville this evening.

Anyone else notice this behavior / behaviour or am I the special one this week????? ??

I've been looking at mine tonight and the system is rather slow. I had a look at yours and got a very short profile then a long pause and then a very long profile which looked complete.

Perhaps give it another try?

Hmmmmmm,

I must still be the lucky one.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Many thanks to Searcher Dog and niraD for their input.

Edited by humboldt flier
Auto correct over-thinks

I still see you. Well, at least I see you begin with 

0/06/06 Batteries go where ?? GEOCACHING ?? What is that ??

and end with the length of your Found It logs.   Is this what you expect to see?

But loading still pauses after the first 8 or so lines.

I've checked on Opera and IE. Can't try Firefox now as it has an bad effect on my memory and I'm in a hurry today so don't want my computer to have a hissyfit.

I remain truncated.

The synoptic text version stops with my 11,000th find in November of 2013.  Scrolling down I have the balance of my data and it seems to be in good condition.

The puzzle continues.

It seems as though "everything south" of the graphics from the "August Challenge" of a number of years ago has gone up in smoke.  

I continue to have the feeling that "they broke" something in the quest to improve something.

I am not bent out of shape ... simply curious.

You haven't clarified whether your Profile  information contained Java Script or not, but if that is the case, the explanation is in the public Release Notes that niraD linked to  (i.e. GDPR compliance)

Hey humboldt flier!  Cameron here from mygeocachingprofile.com.  I took a look at your Public Profile, saw the truncated version, waited about 10 seconds, and then the whole rest of the profile loaded in.  I suspect that geocaching.com just takes a while to load in all the data and perhaps that process fails sometimes?  Your profile data does not contain any javascript, so that isn't a problem - seems to be a sporadic connection issue.  If the problem continues for you, I'd suggest contacting the geocaching.com folks and seeing if they have heard similar reports.  Wish I could be more help - good luck!

• Upvote 1