Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
humboldt flier

"Your Public Profile"

Recommended Posts

Relating to the title ... have "they" broken that feature???

 

Opened mine up expecting to examine my stats ... a very truncated version appears.  Downloaded a PQ into "Mygeocachingprofile" in order to examine my stats.

 

I have used the "Public Profile" to determine whether an individual has completed requirements to log some of my challenges ... NO JOY IN Mudville this evening.

 

Anyone else notice this behavior / behaviour or am I the special one this week????? ??

Share this post


Link to post

I've been looking at mine tonight and the system is rather slow. I had a look at yours and got a very short profile then a long pause and then a very long profile which looked complete.

Perhaps give it another try?

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmmmmm,

 

          I must still be the lucky one.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR

 

Many thanks to Searcher Dog and niraD for their input.

 

 

Edited by humboldt flier
Auto correct over-thinks

Share this post


Link to post

I still see you. Well, at least I see you begin with 

0/06/06 Batteries go where ?? GEOCACHING ?? What is that ??

and end with the length of your Found It logs.   Is this what you expect to see?

But loading still pauses after the first 8 or so lines.

I've checked on Opera and IE. Can't try Firefox now as it has an bad effect on my memory and I'm in a hurry today so don't want my computer to have a hissyfit.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I remain truncated.

 

        The synoptic text version stops with my 11,000th find in November of 2013.  Scrolling down I have the balance of my data and it seems to be in good condition.

 

The puzzle continues.

Share this post


Link to post

It seems as though "everything south" of the graphics from the "August Challenge" of a number of years ago has gone up in smoke.  

 

I continue to have the feeling that "they broke" something in the quest to improve something.

 

I am not bent out of shape ... simply curious.

Share this post


Link to post

You haven't clarified whether your Profile  information contained Java Script or not, but if that is the case, the explanation is in the public Release Notes that niraD linked to  (i.e. GDPR compliance)

Share this post


Link to post

Hey humboldt flier!  Cameron here from mygeocachingprofile.com.  I took a look at your Public Profile, saw the truncated version, waited about 10 seconds, and then the whole rest of the profile loaded in.  I suspect that geocaching.com just takes a while to load in all the data and perhaps that process fails sometimes?  Your profile data does not contain any javascript, so that isn't a problem - seems to be a sporadic connection issue.  If the problem continues for you, I'd suggest contacting the geocaching.com folks and seeing if they have heard similar reports.  Wish I could be more help - good luck!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am baaaaaaaaackkkkkk:

 

           I think they broke it yet again.   Profile is more truncated and the statistics page is devoid of much of what used to be there.

 

Time to go to "my geocaching profile" at least they are consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, humboldt flier said:

I am baaaaaaaaackkkkkk:

 

           I think they broke it yet again.   Profile is more truncated and the statistics page is devoid of much of what used to be there.

 

Time to go to "my geocaching profile" at least they are consistent.

 

I see lots of stats when I open your profile.  Nothing looks truncated except I can't see one Flickr photo.  Stats page looks normal too.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, icezebra11 said:

I see lots of stats when I open your profile.  Nothing looks truncated except I can't see one Flickr photo.  Stats page looks normal too.

Same here. I can see everything from the text list of milestone finds to the end of the mygeocachingprofile.com stats. I can't see anything obviously missing from the built-in stats page either.

 

@humboldt flier What browser are you using? When you say your profile is truncated, where does it stop for you?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, The A-Team said:

Same here. I can see everything from the text list of milestone finds to the end of the mygeocachingprofile.com stats. I can't see anything obviously missing from the built-in stats page either.

 

@humboldt flier What browser are you using? When you say your profile is truncated, where does it stop for you?

 

Hmmmmm,  Am using Safari and have been for years.

 

Last night (prior to running a my finds PQ  and letting it process through "mygeocaching profile" there was nothing after cache # 100 

 

This evening it is somewhat back memorable finds stops at 11,000 but at least the majority of my stats are there.

 

flick picts that are AWOL are picts of the souvies from the August Challenge some years ago.  >>>>>> that doesn't bother me ... I assumed that component went away because Flickr and Groundspeak are not doing the "Huggy Kissy Thing"

 

 

It is a real "chaper" to go to ones public profile and fining zero, zip, zilch, nada.

 

Could a profile "go sour" unless periodically refreshed through "mygeocachingprofile.com" 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm viewing it using Safari on my iPad and now that you point out the missing memorable finds, I don't see 12k and 13k either.  Is that section your own html or did you move it from its normal order?  I thought the standard milestones code in mygeocachingprofile would be down lower in your stats.  Could it be a code typo?

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, humboldt flier said:

Last night (prior to running a my finds PQ  and letting it process through "mygeocaching profile" there was nothing after cache # 100 

 

This evening it is somewhat back memorable finds stops at 11,000 but at least the majority of my stats are there.

 

Just now, when I opened your profile again, the page initially loaded with everything down to and including the #100 line, and only after half a second did the rest of it load. Maybe something hung the previous time and the entire content just never loaded for you.

 

As for the milestones, those are just plain text. If you used to have more in that list beyond #11000, they must have been accidentally deleted at some point. When I look at the source code, they just aren't there.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, The A-Team said:

 

Just now, when I opened your profile again, the page initially loaded with everything down to and including the #100 line, and only after half a second did the rest of it load. Maybe something hung the previous time and the entire content just never loaded for you.

 

As for the milestones, those are just plain text. If you used to have more in that list beyond #11000, they must have been accidentally deleted at some point. When I look at the source code, they just aren't there.

 

I have never "fiddled" with any aspect of my profile therein lies my "Kornfusion" ... some randomness must be fouling the waters.

Share this post


Link to post

I surmise that Groundspeak doesn't love me ... sooooooo I will go to the garden and eat worms.

Share this post


Link to post

Howdy humboldt flier - Don't worry, your mygeocachingprofile images won't go "sour" unless you abandon the site for 5 years or so.  Sometimes I clean up really really old images from the site.  For what it's worth, I can see all your images on your public profile right now.  You have two different milestone listings.  One (further down the profile) is the one from mygeocachingprofile.com.  It's the one that is an image showing the cache type logo and everything.  It's showing all the way up to 13,600.  The text at the top of your profile is NOT from mygeocachingprofile.com.  It looks like just plain text entered into your profile sometime in the past.  That's not going to update automatically unless you edit your profile and manually type it in.  If you don't want to do that, you might just want to edit your profile and delete it out.  I hope this helps... if you need some assistance cleaning it up, always feel free to email me (contactus@mygeocachingprofile.com) and I'm happy to walk you through it!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×