bug report GC website newest caches distance

Grindado

Hello,

I have no clue why I have to write my report into this forum but if so desired, fine.

Could you please fix the following bug:

GC starting page --> newest caches (PMO feature) --> change filter (radius from 48,28 km to 15 km)  --> update filters

Now I won't get the results I wanted but way to much caches in a distance of up to 8500 km.

One page back (via back button) --> (back in the filter) hit the update filters button again

Now I get the cahces I intend to get.

Thank you very much.

Mozilla Firefox (60.3) 64 bit

Windows 7

It looks like selecting the "Newest Caches" option on the home page sets several search parameters - particularly the central point of the search, which is the user's Home coords.

When "Change Filters" is selected and the search results are updated, then the central point is lost from the URL - even though the radius box says "Searching near HOME", which one would assume means that search results will be centered around the user's Home coords.

I see the same bug mentioned in the OP.

image.png.db34cf05d883fb9a42b30cbaa1768289.png

5 hours ago, Grindado said:

I have no clue why I have to write my report into this forum but if so desired, fine

How did you think it should be reported?

by submitting bug reports here it gives other geocachers the opportunity to see if they're experiencing the same bug and to provide a work around if possible until the bug can be fixed.  SInce the forum is searchable, someone else can search for text related to the bug and see that they're not the only only encountering it, and often read a response from someone that is a position to fix it,  and when it is actually been fixed.