Projecting waypoints on Galaxy S7

Denk Helder

31 minutes ago, Denk Helder said:

I sometimes come across a cache where I have to project from a certain waypoint. How do I project a WP from the Groundspeak app? Or do I need something else?

I have no experience with the GC app but if you get GCC you will have most tools needed while out geocaching, not only projections but intersecting lines, radius and heaps of codes, many I haven't even seen "in the wild".

1 hour ago, Denk Helder said:

I sometimes come across a cache where I have to project from a certain waypoint. How do I project a WP from the Groundspeak app? Or do I need something else?

I haven't tried to use the official App for projections.  It's not a full-featured mapping program. It's designed to let you test that your phone is suitable for basic Geocaching.

A handheld GPS is suitable.  I usually do projections with my Garmin Oregon.  It works OK for that.

There are Apps such as Spyglass and Locus Maps that do projections.  Do a search in the app store for more.  Start with "Free GPS" and "Geocaching".  Be sure to set up a new App to display Geocaching coordinates, it may default to a different format.

You can do a projection very easily without any additional App.  In a web browser, do a Google search for "project a waypoint" for many sites such as this:

http://www.geolifeline.com/projection.php

Edited by kunarion

Absolutely possible with the official GS App!

See my instructions in the description of this cache: https://coord.info/GC76DBR

It's a puzzle cache, so you'll have to figure out how to read it.

For those of you who have trouble reading it, please message me and I'll send you the translation. But, try! It's a Puzzle Cache!

Of course, if enough people complain, I'll come back here and just post it.