Why can't l

Peterwfarley

I think you'll need to give a few more details on how you used to do it.  There are many ways to download cache details to your device.

I've always saved the gpx file to my hard drive, attach my gps to my computer, and drag/drop the gpx file to my SD card on my gps.

53 minutes ago, Peterwfarley said:

I have been downloading geocaches from Geocache . com for many years onto my Montana 650T GPS. But now it doesn't recognise my GPS at all. Any suggestions please to help to overcome this problem.

If your computer doesn't see the GPS as a USB drive, you may try a different USB cable, and look at drive settings on the GPS.  If that doesn't work, post the steps you've tried and exactly what the issue is. 

For example, if you meant to say that the GPS is recognized by the computer, but the "Send To GPS" button doesn't work, place any GPX file manually instead, as Touchstone mentioned.  For a Garmin GPS, GPX files go into the Garmin/GPX folder.  If you want more info about Garmin Communicator, do a search of the Forum for endless reading on the subject.

5 hours ago, Peterwfarley said:

I have been downloading geocaches from Geocache . com for many years onto my Montana 650T GPS. But now it doesn't recognise my GPS at all. Any suggestions please to help to overcome this problem.

With my Montana 600. using a different cable solved the problem.