Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
watersphere

Switching posted coordinates of an existing multi cache from physical to virtual has no effect

I was trying to switch the start position of one of my existing multi caches from physical to virtual. At a first glance it seems to work even after reloading the browser via f5. But after revisiting the edit page (called from the listing) the coordinates are again marked as physical. I think such change is conform to the guidelines? (Hiding of a container is not possible any more at this location.)

Greetings - Christoph

image.png.b9f0b60e5995a1c7fffb8faafea25a27.png

I recently placed a multi cache where the first two stages are virtual (get info from historical marker).  There is no guideline requiring aq physical stage as a starting point for a multi cache.

I can verify that my player account, Isonzo Karst,  was unable to change the posted coords on one of my multi-caches from Physical to Virtual.  I logged into my admin account, palmetto,  and succeeded. Isonzo Karst could alter  the stage coords from physical to virtual (and back again).

Frankly, I'm not sure if this a bug or a feature; but in any case, apparently you'll need to contact a reviewer to do this.