Discrepancy Between Caches Shown On Site vs App

I downloaded the app for android the other day and see that many caches that are for regular members on the web site are marked as Premium on the app.

Two examples I have are:

Webcam cache GCKVR5 

Online I can do it, on the app is it an "upgrade to find this cache!"

Traditional cache GC4PAEM

also an upgrade to find this cache on the app, but able to obtain coordinates online.

I want to  be able to utilize the Geocaching Application, but right now, I feel that I am going to have to pay for caches that I can already see w/o a premium account online.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Groundspeak is sowing confusion (deliberately?) to push upsell to premium membership.  But those two caches are NOT "premium members only" caches.  They're what the house-brand app - and only that app - considers "advanced" caches.  Those are indeed viewable on the website, and also findable via any of the other (non-Groundspeak) caching phone apps, or even handheld GPS units.

Premium and advanced: not same thing.

Groundspeak's app needs to sell premium memberships.  That's why it exists.  The other apps just need to be bought once (or show ads), so after that they're working for you.

Edited by Viajero Perdido
  • Upvote 1

I thought the issue of "advanced" caches being called premium was an error (from someone not knowing better...), and fixed a long while ago.  Guess not...

If you follow the directions on the app, even as a basic member you can enter those "advanced"  waypoints from the site.   GPX files too.

I enclosed the difference between basic and premium in the apps, and on "add a waypoint"  here.   

This issue came into play for us  this morning. The very helpful  link posted by cerberus1 says basic members can search for caches on the app, however, if the cache is a higher D/T or mystery/multi it can't be logged via the app.  Even if you know the GC code because you are caching with a premium member.