Where o where has joedohn gone?

sparklehorse

Recently I noticed that every single one of joedohn's caches has been archived. Bad times. I've only found a couple of his but they were great caches and I was looking forward to hunting many more. I tried emailing him when he archived one that I had found to see what the deal was but never heard back from him. Moved out of the area perhaps? Bummer if true, he seemed to be one of the better cache hiders in the state.

Are you out there joedohn?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message has been edited to fit your TV screen.

This does indeed suck. I thought Joe was the hands down best cache placer in Portlandia. When ever I needed a cache fix and didn't want to sift through all the thrown-out-the-window-doing-sixty-right-by-the-one-I-threw-out-the-window-last-week caches I just looked up his name. Never once disappointed.

Ya know how sometimes you get to a cache and all thats there is an ammo can? No view, no hike, nothing of interest but the cache itself? Joe's were the complete opposite. The cache at the end was trivial compared to everything else he showed you.

If he is gone, it is a most sad event.

One 'no-find' on a joedohn cache was worth about a dozen 'found-its' on, well, some other people's caches. I probably only found a little less than half of his caches, but each one afforded me the time to either think up or actually experience good things to write in the online log.

Tungsten's right: It's hard to sift through all the crap on your 'nearest' list nowadays. the best alternative back then was to do a search for anything hidden by joedohn.

I'm not really one to perpetuate rumors of legends or anything, but i'm pretty sure he still finds caches. I swear i saw his truck at Bryant's Cache in Lake Oz a few months ago.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
I'm not really one to perpetuate rumors of legends or anything, but i'm pretty sure he still finds caches. I swear i saw his truck at Bryant's Cache in Lake Oz a few months ago.

Perhaps he's really just working on his next cache: "Find joedohn"

A sort of "missing persons - reverse - locationless - virtual - riddle - multi waypoint - puzzle - poem - unsolved mystery - conundrum" cache. HEY JOEDOHN, we're on to you mister!

Or perhaps he's being blackmailed by Dr.Isotope who intends to use joedohn's archived caches for his own nefarious purposes...CRIKEY!

This message has been edited to fit your TV screen.