Chaging trackable activity

sselin

Is there a way to note where a trackable originated, or do I need to log it at a cache/hide for it to be picked up? Context: I had a trackable that my husband 'grabbed' from me in Seattle, WA and brought with him on a trip to Syndey Australia, where he dropped it. It's been picked up and moved a few times, but there is nothing showing the miles from Seattle to Syndey.  Is there a way to show the starting location of Seattle, or do I need to create a 'dummy' log at one of the cache's/hide's my husband and I own ... pretend to drop it so he can grab it and take it to Syndey??  Is there a better more honest way?  Thanks!

Edited by sselin
44 minutes ago, sselin said:

Is there a way to note where a trackable originated, or do I need to log it at a cache/hide for it to be picked up? Context: I had a trackable that my husband 'grabbed' from me in Seattle, WA and brought with him on a trip to Syndey Australia, where he dropped it. It's been picked up and moved a few times, but there is nothing showing the miles from Seattle to Syndey.  Is there a way to show the starting location of Seattle, or do I need to create a 'dummy' log at one of the cache's/hide's my husband and I own ... pretend to drop it so he can grab it and take it to Syndey??  Is there a better more honest way?  Thanks!

It was Grabbed from you without having a starting point to accrue mileage.  That's (pick who) where the error started.  He wrote in his log that it flew to the cache from Seattle WA US, but mileage didn't start accumulating until one started visiting caches for mileage after Retrieving it.

If you are looking for an "honest way", maybe it's best to realize the error and lesson learned, rather than rig (create a dummy log...)  to fix what is now an honest and accurate logging history.     :)

Edited by cerberus1
  • Upvote 1