Mistaken entry on a trackable

nurseloon

I just dropped off a trackable into a cache.  I wrote a log about it.  Then, after the fact, I realized that it was the wrong trackable name that I wrote about.  Is there a way to correct this?  I still have the trackable in my possession, and the one that I *did* place has the wrong name.  Thanks in advance for the answers.

Since you still have the trackable with you, just Retrieve it with a new log.

Maybe you don't have the tracking code for the one you really dropped in the cache, or it would be difficult to return to the location, so you may contact the trackable owner or leave a Note in the cache listing, for other geocachers to Grab the trackable from you. After that they can make a proper Drop. By instance.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Maybe you don't have the tracking code for the one you really dropped in the cache, or it would be difficult to return to the location, so you may contact the trackable owner or leave a Note in the cache listing, for other geocachers to Grab the trackable from you. After that they can make a proper Drop. By instance.

It's a moot point now, but wouldn't it have still been in nurseloon's inventory, so she wouldn't need the code to drop it? She could just edit the log and drop the correct TB. :)