See last log-in/activity of users

KC_11

I wish there was an option to view a user's last log-in or their last date of activity. There are some caches I've come across, for example, that were hidden 10 years ago and there are some old DNF's dating back a few years. With no updates on these caches, it would be nice to view those CO's last date of activity to see if the COs are still playing the game or not. I would prefer to message a CO a first and ask about the status of a cache, rather than report it to the local reviewer. But if the CO hasn't been active in 10 years, then I would know I should probably just report it to the reviewer instead because the CO more than likely is no longer playing the game and won't respond.

• Upvote 1

Note that the "Last Visited" date on the cacher's profile is the last day they logged into the website. They could have logged into the app and even logged caches via the app after that date.

Also, consider that some cachers may not be caching anymore, but would still be sent emails for the caches they own and might react if they see that a cache has an issue. I've seen it before, where a CO fixed a cache and logged in to log their action, even though they hadn't logged a find in a couple years and otherwise seemed to be 'gone'.

If there are caches that you think might have issues and that cache doesn't already have a Needs Maintenance log against it, then you could submit a Needs Maintenance log. That would send an email to the CO, but not the Reviewer. If the CO still doesn't respond a few weeks, then you could move on to alerting the Reviewer with a Needs Archived log.  And yes, you can still just contact the CO if you prefer, through the email/message links on their profile.

Edited by noncentric
  • Upvote 2

Similar to noncentric, we know of a few COs who still maintain their caches when there's really a problem, but haven't been "actively" caching in years.  Some around long enough to not think a dnf warrants a response, and often just fix their hides without a mention.   :)

There is a contact link for the cache's CO on every cache page.  I'd try that, and maybe a while later place a nm if it really bothered me  ...