Send to GPS screen blank

ShearGoodness

MacOS - Safari

I was trying to send to through the Garmin Plugin.  The plugin finds my device on the Garmin site, however it doesn't work on the Geocaching site.  I clicked on of the other GPS manufactures to go away from and then come back, and now when I open the Send to GPS frame it's just blank.  I've left it open for about half a hour. Logged out and logged back in.

I was really hoping to have the send to functionality working, it worked a few years ago when we were big into the caches. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 9.25.10 PM.png

Unfortunately both of the above recommendations are more labor intensive than Communicator and PQs require the added expense of upgrading to premium. I tried the GPX transfer and couldn't get it work.  I ended up downloading/installing Garmin's BaseCamp, creating waypoints, and sending them to my GPS. This was also labor intensive and time consuming.

3 hours ago, Cap'n Bilbo said:

I tried the GPX transfer and couldn't get it work

What do you mean by you couldn't get it to work? Do you mean the "Save as GPX button?" When you plug your GPS into the computer, it will show up as an extra storage drive. The GPX files go in the Garmin/GPX folder. It's that simple. 

When saving the file, change the directory to your Garmin device and navigate to the GPX folder. Done. (make sure your browser settings are set to ask where you want to save downloads, otherwise the files will go to your downloads folder, in which case you can open two finder windows, one in your download folder, the other with the GPS and just drag the files over.) Now that basic members have access to download individual GPX files, this is your easiest and most direct method of transferring caches from the site to your GPS. 

Granted, your GPS does have a limit on the number of GPX files it can handle, so you'll want to manage your geocaches and delete ones that you've found or are out of your normal range. This is why the premium membership is so valuable if you're going to geocache regularly as it opens up tools to mass load thousands of caches in only a handful of files.

PS - I'm assuming that you have one of the modern Garmin GPS units from 2008 or later that incorporate paperless geocaching, mass storage, and GPX support (Colorado, Oregon, Dakota, eTrex 10/20(x)/30(x), Montana, gpsMap 62+). If you're still using the older models such as the eTrex Legend/Vista series or the gpsMap 60cs(x), then your options are even more limited.