Cache Maintenance Flame

Og's outfit

I found a cache in a park near my town a couple of weeks ago and the container was about a quarter full of water. The log was in a zip-lock but was moist and full. I drained it the best I could and tried to cover it up better.

When I logged it in when I got home I noticed that the last few people that found it mentioned that it needed maintenance. One log was as far back as last November!

So I took a look at the profile of the Dude/Dudette that hid it and discovered that this user has more hidden than found! AND most of the "Finds" are ones they hid!

Maybe they are still searching for some of the ones they hid? They even have a "Virtual" in Neveda, but the rest are all in WA State. There is one up in the San Juans, one down by The Dalles, and some in the Sound area. Now I thought there was a rule about placing a cache while on vacation?

This really ticks me off! I think this person should not be allowed to buy Tupperware ever again! Ban him/her from the surplus stores!!

Sheesh...give someone a GPSr and a pack of Altiods and they lose their mind!!

Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.

I think I know of the cache you are speaking of. The container had water in it when I found it and I drained it. Apparently there's a leak in it somewhere. I do agree that the cache owner needs to maintain his/her cache or archive it. Part of being a cache owner is maintaining your boxes and fixing them if needed.

We don't know the reason why they aren't maintaining this particular cache...perhaps there's family trouble. So flaming really isn't appropriate. It would be better to email them in a friendly tone and maybe offer to replace the cache for them if they are not able to do. If they do not respond to your emails, then perhaps email Jeremy about this.

Since they haven't logged any finds in almost 2 years, and haven't placed one since last September, they may have simply lost interest (I don't know how that's even possible). I agree with evergreenhiker, try emailing them.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)