Bug - incorrect date on event caches

I can’t believe that this bug has not been corrected after several years. It is things like this that keep me from using this app (Cachly is my preference).

An event is sceduled for tomorrow (Dec 2) here on Oahu (Hawaii).  The cache page at geocaching.com shows the correct date.  The app shows Dec 1.  What’s up with that?  A visitor already logged a note today (Dec 1)—“We’re here. Where is everybody?”

C’mon, Groundspeak, fix this.

If anyone is interested, the event in question is GC7ER54.

I tried it on my phone too (using version 5.7.4) and also see December 2. Even if I manually change my phone's time zone to Honolulu, it still shows Dec 2. I wouldn't expect a change in time zone to change the date that's displayed (an event date is fixed in time and would never need to be adjusted), but I thought I'd give it a shot to see what happens.

On a side note, it's always good to state right in the text of the description the date on which the event is being held, in order to help avoid misunderstandings like this. The CO has only given the time in the description.

Edit to add: I just tried it in Cachly, and also get Dec 2.

Edited by The A-Team

Well, I just checked the app again on both my iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2. They are both using version 5.7.4 of the geocaching app, and on both devices the date of the event is shown as Dec 01. Cachly of course has the correct date. By the way, although the date of the event is not shown in the text, the date is included with the accompanying pic (upper right corner).

I will see if I can include screen captures to document this problem...

3809AFEE-31CD-4387-AEDB-F770B12C26AA.png

D3D459B2-89A1-407B-9882-57C7C6D208DB.png

Here’s more grist for the mill... This morning I attended the event mentioned in my original post, and asked a number of other cachers at the event about the date problem in the app. They all agreed that the date is off by one day in the app, and they agreed it has been an ongoing problem. (Forgot to ask if they were all using iPhones, or if any Android phones were also experiencing the problem—sorry.)

So it appears there is some sort of strange bug in the app, dealing with event dates (that only manifests itself when the device is in Hawaii!). Maybe someone from Groundspeak will have to come over here and investigate—gee, who would want to do that? 

On 12/2/2017 at 10:30 AM, Ahuimanu Hui said:

Well, I just checked the app again on both my iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2. They are both using version 5.7.4 of the geocaching app, and on both devices the date of the event is shown as Dec 01. Cachly of course has the correct date. By the way, although the date of the event is not shown in the text, the date is included with the accompanying pic (upper right corner).

I will see if I can include screen captures to document this problem...

3809AFEE-31CD-4387-AEDB-F770B12C26AA.png

D3D459B2-89A1-407B-9882-57C7C6D208DB.png

Thanks for providing this additional info. We fixed a similar bug on Android in the past few months, so we'll investigate to see if the same fix is needed here.