Backdate travel bug log after it's moved on?

CAVinoGal

I picked up a travel bug in NY, visited a few caches there, went to FL, vistied a few caches there, then came home to Northern CA.  Did some caching near home but neglected to visit the bug to any of the caches, then took a trip south recently.  Logged the bug on the way down, and sent it on it's way with family to a TB hotel in AZ.  Now I realize I didn't visit it to any caches here near home, it just goes from Florida to a cache in central CA we found on the way to AZ.

Is there any way I can add a visit log back in early October to get the travel map accurate? The bug is no longer in my possession, it's in the TB hotel.  I can log a discover, write a note, on a date but Idon't think that will add the mileage.  If not, no biggie, but it would add a few hundred miles to this bug's adventures.

Sure.  

Just today I did a write note that I'm  "visiting" a bug on a cache from almost two weeks ago, then deleted the write note shortly after.  I  then just edited on the trackable page why.  I made sure to correct the calendar date to jive with the found log too.

My first visit log (I don't care for them) and  wanted to explain the reason I still have it. 

Realized that even though the cache was cool in it's location, it's container (a pill bottle "small")  wouldn't allow a drop.  Had it for two weeks already.  Now the CO realizes why I'm still holding on to it when he can see that I'm still caching.  :)  

5 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Sure.  

Just today I did a write note that I'm  "visiting" a bug on a cache from almost two weeks ago...

Will the "Write note" add the mileage?  I can no longer "Visit" the bug to caches in my past logs as it's now in a TB hotel in AZ (or can I, somehow?) - Visit isn't on the option list.

Sorry, guess I responded to the first paragraph in your op and missed the second.  Sending it on it's way with family sounded (to me) that there weren't any actions on it yet.

But back-dated write notes to the cache page don't add mileage, it's the Visit action of the trackable (just below that log) that gives it the mileage.

58 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

But back-dated write notes to the cache page don't add mileage, it's the Visit action of the trackable (just below that log) that gives it the mileage.

And that is my question - can I backdate a Visit log on a trackable no longer in my inventory?  I have the trackable code...

2 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

And that is my question - can I backdate a Visit log on a trackable no longer in my inventory?  I have the trackable code...

You can only successfully visit a trackable if it is in your inventory at the time you log it -- if you log a visit today, be it for today's date or backdated to last week, the TB needs to be presently in your inventory.

If you coordinate with the current holder, you could grab it, do a backdated note and visit it (or just edit your found it log from back then and select "visit" for that one bug), and then have the current holder grab it back.

1 hour ago, hzoi said:

You can only successfully visit a trackable if it is in your inventory at the time you log it -- if you log a visit today, be it for today's date or backdated to last week, the TB needs to be presently in your inventory.

If you coordinate with the current holder, you could grab it, do a backdated note and visit it (or just edit your found it log from back then and select "visit" for that one bug), and then have the current holder grab it back.

OK--that makes sense.  ANd the current holder is my son and daughter in law, unless someone has already picked it up from their TB hotel.  Thanks for clarifying for me!!

I need to carry fewer trackables that need to be visited to different places, or at least remember to log them where I want them to visit before dropping them off...

***UPDATE*** - I grabbed it, logged a visit for it on a couple of caches I found in early October, before we traveled south and when it was in my inventory originally.  Now waiting for D-I-L to grab it back.  The map looks more accurate now ... and I feel better.  :)

Edited by CAVinoGal
Updated information