Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
ChrisDen

Deleted Pocket Queries

I posted this under the iOS app topic but it appears as if it is an API error.

When I delete PQs and the related files ready for download they still appear in the Geocaching App, GSAK and the Cachly app until the standard 7 days is past.

Obviously not a website issue as they are gone on both tabs of the website so it can only be an issue with the information that is being supplied by the API.

After a bit of discussion with some caching friends I find that this is not a issue for people in the US but I my friends in South AFrica (where I reside) have the same problem. Seems starange that it might be regional based unless there are mirror servers used for different regions where a deletion is not being replicated. I cannot think of any other reason.

I have asked a limited number of people to see ifthey have the same problem so my regional theory could be incorrect.

Edited by ChrisDen

I will support your 'regional theory'.  A PQ I ran a couple days ago showed in the official app as "Last Generated".  I deleted that PQ from the website's 'ready to download' tab, waited a few minutes, then reopened the app. I didn't see that PQ on the "Lists" page in the app anymore.  Odd.

I'm in the USA.

Edited by noncentric

It is a major pain.  Why does a deleted Pocket Query continue to show in the android Geocaching App version 5.12.0 for more many days.  Why can't I delete lists (any list) from the app?

A major pain is your spammy posting behaviour. Please stop posting one rant in several threads. Thanks

Hey HHL, Your the pain!  I posted once here to confirm and a new topic just in case this thread became stale.  Thanks for your concern.  Now lets see if I can ignore posts from HHL...