Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PISA-caching

Coat of Arms animals

9 posts in this topic

Yesterday I took photos of a wolf statue. The wolf is part of the Coat of Arms of the city of Amstetten. It looks like a regular wolf, but should I post this in "Famous Fictional Figures" or "Epic beings" or "Figurative Pulic Sculptures" (or all of the above :-))?

If it looks real, then the Figurative Sculptures category is the right one.

The two other ones mentioned might apply if there is a, preferably well-known, story connected to that specific animal.

Thanks a lot. It is this statue. Not that well-known I guess. Not even I knew about it.

Don't get me wrong! It does not matter if the sculpture is famous, it is only about the wolf. 

The she-wolf that nursed Romulus and Remus or Fenrir in the Nordic mythology would be an Epic Creature. The wolf in Little Red Riding Hood or in Aesop's fables could go to the Famous Fictional Figures category.

This wolf looks like an ordinary everyday wolf to me, but I don't know, maybe there is a story in the area.

Yes, I understood you right. What I was trying to say is "The wolf is not that well-known". Meanwhile I learned that it is the Passauer Wolf, because Amstetten was part of the Bistum Passau. I think I will use the Figurative Sculptures category.

On 7/23/2017 at 4:49 AM, PISA-caching said:

Yesterday I took photos of a wolf statue. The wolf is part of the Coat of Arms of the city of Amstetten. It looks like a regular wolf, but should I post this in "Famous Fictional Figures" or "Epic beings" or "Figurative Pulic Sculptures" (or all of the above :-))?

I would post that in figurative - nice picture!

43 minutes ago, iconions said:

I would post that in figurative - nice picture!

Thank you, but it's not my picture. Mine will be better. :-)

1 minute ago, PISA-caching said:

Thank you, but it's not my picture. Mine will be better. :-)

I'd stand back when getting that picture - that wolf looks HUNGRY!!!!  Can't wait to see the picture!