Is the Log size limited in the new App?

I was out caching this afternoon. The cache I found was really cute, and I wanted to write a good log. After several sentences, the App wouldn't let me add any more to the log, or at least I couldn't see if any more was being added, and if more was added, I could see what I had written to look for mistakes. Has anyone else had this problem. I have an iPhone 7 with the latest IOS. I do use an app called Swype to speed up my writing.

Wow, I just now tested that. I guess there is in fact a limit. And the App doesn't tell you what the limit is, it simply fails to send the log. Press "Post" and it looks like it worked, there's no error message or anything, but the log doesn't arrive. Of course, everything you typed is gone.

I tried it on my iPhone 5 (IOS) and my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Droid). Both failed to post my 752-word log. Both posted my 253-word log, a screenful on my Droid. This was posted from the iPhone App: https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=69fbda5b-ecfb-4ecd-a570-6fe9588f8e8a (which is just a temporary test log, don't expect it to remain, it's just an example).

On both Apps, IOS and Android, I can add as much as I like and scroll around just fine before I post it. But for a wordy log, there is no way I'm typing forever and hoping the App doesn't throw up and lose the whole thing. I'll type it on my PC later and copy/paste. If I ever try to type more than a 253 word log on my phone, kill me.

I'm guessing that there's something different about your setup, that's disallowing additional text. Yeah, maybe your helper App is a suspect.

Edited by kunarion

I no longer use the official app but I do use 3rd party keyboards and various apps always or sometimes have issues with large scrollable text areas. Sometimes they accept the text but don't scroll, etc.

If you suspect the keyboard, try switching to the default apple keyboard as a test and see if the behavior is the same or if it works as you expect.