Trackable oops problem

sheilasu

[heres the situation...I retrieved a trackable copy from a cache here in Hawaii. The copy is a laminated copy explaining mission etc. I have no issue with that at all. Anyhow, the owner of the trackable did not add the number to log trackable. What's a girl to do? I've done internet searches etc but no success in finding the owner.

Edited by sheilasu

Presumably the TB was not logged in to the cache where you found it....?

The TB may have become separated from its number/code tag - in this case if you can't work out which TB it is, it can't really be helped. You could, if keen, recheck the cache and see if its code tag is in there....

[heres the situation...I retrieved a trackable copy from a cache here in Hawaii. The copy is a laminated copy explaining mission etc. I have no issue with that at all. Anyhow, the owner of the trackable did not add the number to log trackable. What's a girl to do? I've done internet searches etc but no success in finding the owner.

When we had Trackables out, we included mission cards, and the Trackable with card was placed in a baggie.

Probably not a proxy (trackable copy) if there's no code, but simply a mission card.

If all you have is a laminated paper with no other info on it explaining what it's to, you could just place it in the circular file and forget it.

- Or, as lee737 said, hoof it back out to the cache you found it, looking to see if any other scraps match up. :)

If it was intended to be a replacement (or surrogate or proxy) for the actual trackable, it would have the code on it.

I suspect you found a note that is supposed to go with a TB and explain its mission, but not a TB (or even a surrogate or proxy). Without the TB, it's now pretty useless.