Keep "Send to GPS" feature

rragan

With the near demise of browser plugins, I hear comments that the Send To GPS button on a Cache page is useless. Please do not remove this feature. It is very handy for apps like Cachly and Geosphere that can handle the iOS Send To function. Open a cache page in Safari from a link in a notification email. Then I can easily store that cache into a 3rd party app using the Send To GPS button.

The only improvements I can think of is adding a .gpx extension to the file name. Currently, only Safari can handle the Send To GPS because it looks at the MIME type headers. Chrome depends on the file extension so the send does not work from it.

Making the Geocaching app able to receive a Send To and store the cache in a list would also be great.

New Cache notifications come by email. I could type in the GC code in the app at some risk of error, especially on a mobile device keyboard. It is easier just to tap the link in the email to open the web page and then tap Send To GPS to save the new cache into the app. No typing, no chance for error.

New Cache notifications come by email. I could type in the GC code in the app at some risk of error, especially on a mobile device keyboard. It is easier just to tap the link in the email to open the web page and then tap Send To GPS to save the new cache into the app. No typing, no chance for error.

Could you not add it to a list?

Could you not add it to a list?

I could I guess but then I'd need to possibly create the list first and pull the list to the app. Later I'd have to clean up the list.

You can also set links to open up directly in the app of your choice. For example, I get the new cache notification email, and the link to that cache opens up the listing in the app. Currently I have it set to open in the official geocaching app, but I've had it set to open in others before as well.

You can also set links to open up directly in the app of your choice. For example, I get the new cache notification email, and the link to that cache opens up the listing in the app. Currently I have it set to open in the official geocaching app, but I've had it set to open in others before as well.

Is this on Android where you can control file associations? The email links go to http://coord.info. On IOS, Geocaching.com controls the association and the only places to handle it are a web page or the geocaching app.