Portland to Seattle cache suggestions

JAR

Greetings Northwest cachers,

I will be flying to Portland shortly. I'm planning to spend a few days in the Portland area, then drive to Seattle where I will stay for another few days. I will have a car available for the entire trip.

There are so many caches in this region, I'm looking for a few suggestions for caches that meet the following criteria:

1) Close enough to a road that I'll be "in the zone" within a short time -- immediately to 30 or 40 minutes hiking. I'd love to do some half- or full-day hikes, but time -- and the patience of family -- won't permit. (Nor will I be bringing the kind of gear I'd carry for a long hike.)

2) Caches of above-average quality or interest -- you be the judge.

3) I'd prefer conventional caches to virtuals, although especially good virtuals are certainly possible.

In short, I'm asking for recommendations about your favorite caches... The "insider's guide" for the limited time I'll have available.

I'll be bringing a TB from Connecticut that has an appointment in Seattle, and I've been asked by the owners to stash him there. I would be happy to give a bug or three a trip cross-country if anyone has any requests.

Thank you all in advance for your help, and I'm looking forward to caching in beautiful Oregon and Washington!

I'd start by doing some searches by names. We have some very creative cachers out here. Unfortunatly some of the best caches are a bit time consuming. For quick off the main road caches one of my favorites is Tukwila Pond Owl. Not too tough but a nice twist. icon_wink.gif

One of ours that is nice, and in a beautiful spot, is

The Big Tree. But this one can take some time if you don't take the right trail.

If you want some more interesting caches try some by fractal (Portland area) and Seth! (Seattle area).

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

I'd start by doing some searches by names. We have some very creative cachers out here. Unfortunatly some of the best caches are a bit time consuming. For quick off the main road caches one of my favorites is Tukwila Pond Owl. Not too tough but a nice twist. icon_wink.gif

One of ours that is nice, and in a beautiful spot, is

The Big Tree. But this one can take some time if you don't take the right trail.

If you want some more interesting caches try some by fractal (Portland area) and Seth! (Seattle area).

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

These Portland caches fit your criteria. Not chosen in any particular order, but i remember them being more interesting than most.

Urban Cache: Plagiarized

In 'E' We Trust

Elk Point

Council Crest

Fight the Future

Wild Arboretum

Eleven Stones

Blownads

Elk Rock Island

Maps to the Stars Homes

These were chosen out of the 50 nearest caches to my zip code in inner SE Portland, so it's missing a ton of really great ones. If you do a search from 97006, i think you'll find a lot of fractal's caches.

Have fun in portland! and get out to the gorge if you have a chance, some of our best are out there.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed