Placement ban due to Divisiveness?

If there's a way I can make things any clearer for you I don't know what it is.

The condescension, it burns. dry.gif

I don't know how easier something like cache health options/NM instruction could be implemented. It's hard enough to understand what constitutes a NM log, so most newbies tend to skip even thinking about that.

Looky, I maded up a rough depiction of what something like all this might look like. Even included room for how Wet Pancake's suggestion could be implemented. Lots of room for training/info/instructions, using already-existing UI design. Unintrusive. Responsive. Flexible. The health flag section could even be expandable, just like additional coordinates. Certain flags that people often comment about but don't report can alert the user to consider posting a NM log as well, or even launch Wet Pancake's idea mentioned above (this pretty much is what I gathered from that process).

health-flags.png

(PS: I already found GCD btw - excellent cache! Also, I need to install Noto Sans font; thought I already had :P)

Edited by thebruce0

I don't know how easier something like cache health options/NM instruction could be implemented. It's hard enough to understand what constitutes a NM log, so most newbies tend to skip even thinking about that.

Looky, I maded up a rough depiction of what something like all this might look like. Even included room for how Wet Pancake's suggestion could be implemented. Lots of room for training/info/instructions, using already-existing UI design. Unintrusive. Responsive. Flexible. The health flag section could even be expandable, just like additional coordinates. Certain flags that people often comment about but don't report can alert the user to consider posting a NM log as well, or even launch Wet Pancake's idea mentioned above (this pretty much is what I gathered from that process).

health-flags.png

(PS: I already found GCD btw - excellent cache! Also, I need to install Noto Sans font; thought I already had :P)

Looks good :)

Just need to make sure that everything remains visible to all users rather than being visible to the CO only and that there's always a SOMETHING NOT DESCRIBED HERE checkbox that pops up a free-form text box where the logger can describe the nature of the issue in whatever level of detail is appropriate - and that all that remains visible to all users also.

health-flags.png

Just need to make sure that everything remains visible to all users rather than being visible to the CO only and that there's always a SOMETHING NOT DESCRIBED HERE checkbox that pops up a free-form text box where the logger can describe the nature of the issue in whatever level of detail is appropriate - and that all that remains visible to all users also.

So, GS implements a box that a person ticks, then after ticking it, a text box pops up to input information. As my daughter would say, Der,,, there's already a text box that pops up when a person goes to make an online log.

health-flags.png

So, GS implements a box that a person ticks, then after ticking it, a text box pops up to input information. As my daughter would say, Der,,, there's already a text box that pops up when a person goes to make an online log.

And then what? :)

Folks, a lot of interesting concepts are being aired out here, and that's good. We can see how posted ideas are spawning additional ideas, and that is also good. It's not necessary to prove another idea wrong in order to offer up alternatives, and if someone does not understand or see value in an idea it is not necessary or appropriate to make personal references.

Let's keep this moving on a positive track.

Thanks!

Folks, a lot of interesting concepts are being aired out here, and that's good. We can see how posted ideas are spawning additional ideas, and that is also good. It's not necessary to prove another idea wrong in order to offer up alternatives, and if someone does not understand or see value in an idea it is not necessary or appropriate to make personal references.

Let's keep this moving on a positive track.

Thanks!

Sorry - I must have missed the personal references - I thought we were enjoying some good, constructive, light-hearted debate here :)

Allegedly, Groundspeak is going to focus on trying to improve the quality and health of caches in 2017, based on something posted on facebook. Yeah, I know, that's why I say allegedly. If true, then GS does see some kind of problem, however in their communication, it is not a well defined problem. So, we do run the risk of coming up with up with solutions that might not fit the real problem.

Still it is kind of a fun exercise, and it might offer improvements that GS hasn't thought about.

Still it is kind of a fun exercise, and it might offer improvements that GS hasn't thought about.

The fun has pretty much drained out of it for me.

I can only maintain enthusiasm for so long in the absence of any perceivable input from Groundspeak themselves.

We don't even know what Groundspeak may or may not have thought about. We might never know.

Sometimes these forums remind me of B.F. Skinners experiments with pigeons :(