How do I look for upcoming events?

TheHardicks

You can also:

- Search for caches near you and then sort by date hidden; events are always listed as hidden on the event date, so upcoming events will be first if you sort caches by most recent

- Sign up for the weekly newsletter (by updating your email preferences) and keep current on new events and caches in your area

- Set up an instant notification for event caches, so you're alerted the moment an event publishes within just under 50 miles from you.

I have an instant notification set up, but since it is only good to a 50 mile radius, I also go to project-gc.com> tools> coming events. Set any center point and radius you like. Some other filters are available too. It gives a map and sortable list.

Be aware as this is for coming events they disappear from the map/list the day after the event.

I have an instant notification set up, but since it is only good to a 50 mile radius, I also go to project-gc.com> tools> coming events. Set any center point and radius you like. Some other filters are available too. It gives a map and sortable list.

Be aware as this is for coming events they disappear from the map/list the day after the event.

Thanks for tipping me off to yet another great feature at Project-GC.com. I like how the events get screened out of the map after the event date passes. No "noise" cluttering the map with old events until Geocaching.com auto-archives the listing 30 days after the event date.

Another idea for us Premium Members is to create a Pocket Query just for Event. That way, you can refer to the Pocket Query to search for Events in the area that you want. Another nice thing about this is that you can change the dates on the Pocket Query so you only need to see events that have yet to take place.

-The Happy Hodag!

This is what I do, but I tick "has not been found" (i.e. attended), so there's no need to change the date every time. However it does run the risk of missing events if someone has mistakenly logged an attend before the event.

Edited by Optimist on the run

Events stay on the map until the event host/ess archives the listing.

B.

They do apparently drop off the project-gc "coming events" map, though, which is what I think he referenced.