60CSx button

Fah-Troop

Does anyone have a place to send garmin 60CSx for repair of buttons that don't respond? Garmin doesn't do them any more and from what I see on youtube it just needs some soldering of the wires. any help would be appreciated

You could try http://www.sharc.net/gps_repair.htm. He mostly repairs Garmin Nuvi's but I believe I have heard of people sending him handhelds for repair, too. He has a great reputation on a couple of other sites.

A couple of buttons on my 60CSx give me trouble too. One is the power button. I have discovered that if I firmly hold one of the problem buttons all the way down, after 4 or 5 seconds it does respond. This has been working for me for about a year now. Of course your button problem could be different but may be worth a try.

On another note, I have had this 60CSx since it was Garmin's newest so sometimes get told that I need to just get a new model with more capability. But, like many of the owners of this model I love it and it does what I need. There are a few features that the newer Garmins have that would be nice. And I do use my smartphone with both GDAK and c:geo to get around the lack of some features. So I always look closely at the new Garmins, like the current 700 series, but always seem to decide to stay with my 60CSx. Eventually I am sure I will make the leap but just have not yet seen the new model that really does it for me I guess.

Edited by Cheminer Will

When the power button on my 60CSx quit working, I took a thick paper clip, straighten it and pushed it through the rubber button. It has worked every time since.

Someone told me the outer button pushes a pin inside, and that pushes the real button inside. When the power button quit it was because the little pin broke.

I now have a small hole in the rubber button, and the unit may not be as waterproof as it was, but I've been doing it this way for a couple years. It seems to work fine.

My 60CSx is just a back unit these days, one I lend to friends who want to go but don't have a GPS. However, other than it's not being paperless, it is still the best GPS I've had.