Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this cache

MattandLaura

Matt, Although you may not agree with the rationale that Erik has given, it seems pretty clear: He sees it as simply just counting the IDS VI cache as 2 finds.

I suppose if someone really wants to get that second find they could post 2 "found it" logs on IDS VI. But that wouldn't be right icon_wink.gif

The real fun of it will be figuring out what's special to you at the final coords. Whether I'll get a 2nd find because of it doesn't really matter.

Matt, Although you may not agree with the rationale that Erik has given, it seems pretty clear: He sees it as simply just counting the IDS VI cache as 2 finds.

I suppose if someone really wants to get that second find they could post 2 "found it" logs on IDS VI. But that wouldn't be right icon_wink.gif

The real fun of it will be figuring out what's special to you at the final coords. Whether I'll get a 2nd find because of it doesn't really matter.

quote:
Originally posted by Uplink:

Gee, do ya think it could be because you can't have TWO CATCHES WITH THE SAME COORDINATES????

Actually, this isn't true. MattandLaura have a few caches with the same coordinates, as the initial coordinates are simply dummy coordinates, i.e. you need to figure out a puzzle to get the real coordinates. Also, I've seen caches with the same coordinates, but one is listed as a bonus to the first - i.e. find the first cache, and you will find the real coordinates to the second cache inside.

Having done a few of MattandLaura's IDS caches, I think this most recent one is similar in scope. They're just using a set of coordinates to fill in the necessary blank. Having read the description a few times now, I think that this bonus cache he wanted to have approved is in an entirely different area - you need to find one cache to get the coordinates for the next.

Whether or not it constitutes a legitimate cache - can't say that I know. I do know that MattandLaura have some real quality caches that are extremely well hidden, and I'm sure that this is no different.

quote:

TWO CATCHES WITH THE SAME COORDINATES????

Hmm. I seem to recall a lot of times having two CATCHES at the same coordinates. There was the time I was playing baseball... icon_razz.gif

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

quote:

TWO CATCHES WITH THE SAME COORDINATES????

Hmm. I seem to recall a lot of times having two CATCHES at the same coordinates. There was the time I was playing baseball... icon_razz.gif

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

SNIP

Wow, and to think I like to head over the hill when I want to experience the "real" PNW. I get a good laugh at interns from Boston or NYC who'd arrive at night then come into the office the folliwng morning surprised that lush evergreen trees don't grow in the streets of downtown Kennewick.

Exactly the case....Thanks a bunch for the compliments. I'm feeling much better now. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DenaliNW:

quote:

Gee, do ya think it could be because you can't have TWO CATCHES WITH THE SAME COORDINATES????

Actually, this isn't true. MattandLaura have a few caches with the same coordinates, as the initial coordinates are simply dummy coordinates, i.e. you need to figure out a puzzle to get the real coordinates. Also, I've seen caches with the same coordinates, but one is listed as a bonus to the first - i.e. find the first cache, and you will find the real coordinates to the second cache inside.

Having done a few of MattandLaura's IDS caches, I think this most recent one is similar in scope. They're just using a set of coordinates to fill in the necessary blank. Having read the description a few times now, I think that this bonus cache he wanted to have approved is in an entirely different area - you need to find one cache to get the coordinates for the next.

Whether or not it constitutes a legitimate cache - can't say that I know. I do know that MattandLaura have some real quality caches that are extremely well hidden, and I'm sure that this is no different.

geosigbuscard.jpg

Exactly the case....Thanks a bunch for the compliments. I'm feeling much better now. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DenaliNW:

quote:

geosigbuscard.jpg