Spokane area GPS stores??

magking1971

Howdy! This is LadyStevenson. Moun10goat and myself are down here in Moscow and we bought our GPS's at Radio Shack. I also know the Post Falls WalMart has GPS's also. You might want to send an email to either MedicOne, Kavuday, or OddTodd (Cadence). They can lead you in a good direction!

Happy Hunting.

Heather..

PS Check out the group: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/pnwgc

It's a group started to keep in contact with all of the wonderful geocachers in the Eastern Washington/North Idaho. If you'd like, join us.

"All that I am or hope to be I owe to my mother" -- Abraham Lincoln

If you want to pay too much try the Sportsmans Warehouse, but come over to CDA and look at the Black Sheep first. It's just past Kmart on hwy 95 and they have pretty good prices. On your way over you can stop by the Bocaboda espresso stand at stateline. They are fellow cachers and may even give you a good deal, just flash them your gps icon_wink.gif

I agree wholeheartedly with niskibum, Black Sheep is going to be your lowest price for a brickfront (retail store) - I'd say mostly from what you save in sales tax. I haven't been there to see their selection. Black Sheep is better than their 'Parent' store that they are separated from - (White Elephant).

I personally bought my cables and accessories online - they are not easy to find. REI has some stuff - that's almost to downtown Spokane, Southwest corner of Monroe and Boone. My personal preference is the Sportsman's Whor-ahem-Warehouse. They have Magellan and Garmin, as well as all the accessories and software you might want.

JMHO,

Cadence (OddTodd)

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

Niskibum,

I don't have the history you have with Geocaching, and I wasn't aware of the Whor-Warehouse's stance towards any cache bash - I happen to know a few people that work there, including the manager of the store.

I'd love to know the history of this, we may get some support from them on the next.

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

quote:
Originally posted by Cadence (OddTodd & CheleBell):

Niskibum,

I don't have the history you have with Geocaching, and I wasn't aware of the Whor-Warehouse's stance towards any cache bash - I happen to know a few people that work there, including the manager of the store.

I'd love to know the history of this, we may get some support from them on the next.

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread for a while. Long story short, I was looking for some support in the way of prizes, discounts, and to display flyers for the Cache Bash last summer. The manager was gone the first time I stopped by so I just left flyers and said I would come back. I came back the following week to find the flyers on a shelf under the display (out of view) and when I asked to talk to the manager again the sales guy went to go get him and came back shortly and told me the manager said "thats not the kind of customers we cater to". I asked about the flyers and they said I could put one on the bulliten board up front. I asked about discount coupons to hand out at the bash and they gave me five 10% off coupons that were the exact coupons I and everyone that lived within 100 miles of them got in the mail when the store opened. Apparently they don't want me to spend any money there, so I don't. Black sheep was way more friendly, and even made up special coupons just for the event. I spend LOTS of money there.

They also have had many GPS classes there in the store - kind of a How to use and bring-your-own to ask questions.

The Manager a year ago has left, another manager is in his place. The new manager is the one I know. I'll go see if he's interested in helping out with Cache Bashes. They do have a very strong corporate guidelines, but should have enough leniency to promote local clubs and groups.

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)