Longevity of Caches by using Trackables

amabejo

Hi guys/girls,

Just having a few thoughts about what to do when you reach saturation point and have found most of the caches in your area. On thought that has come to me is the use of trackables and moving them around through caches. This way double or even triple visiting caches isn't so much of a problem. I feel that it is just a interesting to play around with trackables as it is in actually finding a cache for the first time, and also more visits and revisits to a cache can help with upkeep. What I am getting at is how would I go about getting Geocachers in my area to look at this idea, and I would also welcome and opinions on this topic. BTW I am from the Hunter Valley area of NSW Australia. Anyway thanks for listening to my rant, and have fun out there.

I agree with Touchstone, an event would be a good place to bring up that idea.

I'm positive hitting the same cache multiple times for whatever reason wouldn't be too popular here.

Your area might be different...

Since we won't do most of the caches in our area now, like others, we just head out a bit further for those caches we enjoy. :)

I'm positive hitting the same cache multiple times for whatever reason wouldn't be too popular here.
Even if the second and subsequent visits were logged with Note logs, rather than with repeated Find logs? Around here, people log Notes regularly when they revisit a cache for whatever reason.

But yeah, the real question comes when you've found all the local caches (or if you're selective, all the local caches you want to find). That's when you need to start wandering further afield in your geocaching adventures. Some people do that. Others switch hobbies.

I have yet to clean an area out before moving -- it's an upside to being on active duty in the military. We're on our 6th home location since we started caching in 2007.

I imagine that our radius of how far we're willing to go to snag caches will grow considerably when we finally settle down somewhere.

As finds start to level off in an area, individual cache owners may want to pull what they've hidden and figure out new hides, but as pointed out above, that sounds like a great topic of discussion for an event.